3D Scanner+ CAD software?

G

Gismo

Reaction score
I know what you mean, I was bidding on the first one, was sure I had it in the bag but got out bid with 2 seconds to go, really wish I had put a proper bid in. It went soooooooooooooooo cheap. I felt sick for a couple of days, Lol
It was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally a very special price. Now I see that it seemed so good not only for me.:D But I don`t feel guilty about it. This time I was just more lucky:)
In a meantime I got the offer for DentCad "Complete DentCAD Solution" asking price is 8 500 € but there is no partials I think. Price for Hyperdent is something about 5k Euro.

I can offer you a new 2012 White Light scanner, silimar to the One B&D Dental sells, and ExoCAD for $21k with a NEW Alienware Computer and dual monitors.

One Year Warranty , and One Year of Software updates. Implant Module and Bar is sold as well, and then you need library of scan locators (Markers) and the actual Physical Pieces.
Please paste some link with the description because I don`t know what we are talking about. I am still interested but didn`t make any decision what it would be.

Seems you're looking for everything. Go for 7series from Dental Wings if you are seeking such functionalities. It comes with impant/bars, partials and model-builder modules. It's also able to scan impressions and has a multi-die plate for 30 dies.
It would be a great idea, but there is no support for Dental Wings scanners in Poland anymore. But as Scott says: "not todays but tomorrow"...I have not gotta harry.

G

Gismo

Reaction score
are you going to try and mill partials? out of chrome? or wax?? If you want to design partials you gotta go with 3shape.
For wax partials there is some kind of French software, but it is dedicated to 3 axis milling machine. I wonder if it would be suitable for Kavo?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I would just find someone to print your partials, I doubt you could mill the accuracy and surface texture that you get with a printed partial. Its really nice. Casting my first pattern next week so we'll see how it goes.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Dont go with Dental Wings, If I was you then I would go with Scotts solution, sounds like a really good package. You cant even buy a scan pro for less than £25K (thats KaVo's high end scanner). Lets say you dont pick up Hyperdent and in the UK the very best price I could get it for was £12K so good luck with that 5k version you found, but any way if you dont pick up Hyperdent then your Official options are. Pick up a Scan eco, you can get these at a good price £5-8k but you are not able to use exocad with them, you can scan with the eco and dump it into exo like I do. Or you can pick up a Scan pro that will work /connect with exo but it will cost a lot of cash. Or you can buy a 3shap scanner and contact KaVo for the bridging software. Or buy hyperdent or dentmill and drop any cad data into it. If you dont get third party software then you NEED energy or pre energy software as this creats the files that are needed to make your engin work, you cant just force an stl into it , it needs an order form or work flow to be created and that can only be done by the scan software and is encripted.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have new Solutionix/Medit scanners and Exocad.

It will be under the name "prime dental".

I hope to have logos and web-site, etc built by mid-Nov.

You are welcome to order/buy today if you want.

Scott

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Pete, didnt you say before that with hyperdent you have to load a software module onto the actual mill? Or is that the SDC software that is added?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Yep bang on. Its the SDC software that this guy has pre loaded on his system, without the Hypodent its no use at all, it just lets the Hypodent talk to the on board IBH cards. and it lets you keep the laser recognition device as it thinks its come straight from the KaVo scanner

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
So this is loaded on the actual mill or just on the computer? Didnt you also say that the kavo CAM software is actually an older version of hyperdent? This would just be an 'open' version of it?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
How much for just the scanner scott?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
The sdc software would need to be on the engine comp but the hyperdent would be on a seperate comp
yes the software that is on Everest at the moment is Hyperfact and was the very first Hyper program for 5 axis. by using Hyperdent and the sdc software you can mill anything and any size of bur that you may need as the hyperdent works out all the tool paths and realignment of bridges in disks. really is worth its the 12k asking price. A little bird on here told me KaVo have started working wiyh hyperdent again to update the system !!!!!!!!!!!!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
how does that work? the hyperdent pc sends info to the engine pc then to the mill?

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
I have new Solutionix/Medit scanners and Exocad.

It will be under the name "prime dental".

I hope to have logos and web-site, etc built by mid-Nov.

You are welcome to order/buy today if you want.

Scott

Hi Scott, I already have the open Origin scanner and Exocad, Can you integrate your scanner into my Exocad computer? How much for the savings? If any :)

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
how does that work? the hyperdent pc sends info to the engine pc then to the mill?
You scan the job, crown, bridge , implant ....... then once you have your .stl data you drag that into Hyperdent and choose the material you need and the type of block that you want then choose your
margin and access hole if its an implant then press calculate so it can work out the milling paths.Then you send the info straight to the Engine for milling.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
so hyperdent runs on the scan computer and doesnt 'run' the mill... only creates the info for the IBH program

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Yes but it can run on any computer, the higher spec the better you really want to run this with an i7 and a **** load of ram or the calculation times will be so slow.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
what are you using, work nc? or kavo software?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Scott, I already have the open Origin scanner and Exocad, Can you integrate your scanner into my Exocad computer? How much for the savings? If any :)

Why do you feel the need for another scanner?

I'm cornfused.:confused:

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I am still on good old KaVo software, was very close to buying Work NC But the support for the UK was sooooooo bad, no ring back no anything. Looks like they dont want to sell the software Lol, So what to do buy Hyperdent or Delcam or wait for KaVo to update the Engine with the latest version of Hyperdent. Just cant make my mind up. One thing for sure if KaVo do update thr software you can bet it will still br locked down to KaVo material via the RFID pen!!!!!!

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Why do you feel the need for another scanner?

I'm cornfused.:confused:

Another scanner station integrated into just one computer... Business is thriving here..

G

Gismo

Reaction score
Scott,but I am afraid if you send the scanner from U.S. I will have to pay VAT and duty taxes. Am I wrong? Or is there any other possibility not to pay the taxes?