3 Shape D700

H

Hal2a

Reaction score
I'm having issues with my scanner. I get a high pitched squeal, then scanning stops. I then have to restart the scanning process and sometimes have to recalibrate. It gets more frequent as time goes on. My question is has anyone opened up a scanner to clean or change a belt ? Has anyone had this issue and resolved it ? I know the writing is on the wall, I just want to delay the inevitable as long as possible.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
fyi it will run you about $2300-3000 for repairs.
sounds like you have a loose belt though

H

Hal2a

Reaction score
Thanks Bob. Has anyone opened up a D700 ? Any suggestions ?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks Bob. Has anyone opened up a D700 ? Any suggestions ?
i opened mine....havent had the time to dig deeper but i wasnt able to see easy access to the belts

S

spdljj

Reaction score
I'm having issues with my scanner. I get a high pitched squeal, then scanning stops. I then have to restart the scanning process and sometimes have to recalibrate. It gets more frequent as time goes on. My question is has anyone opened up a scanner to clean or change a belt ? Has anyone had this issue and resolved it ? I know the writing is on the wall, I just want to delay the inevitable as long as possible.
I has similar issues a while ago with my D700. It wasn't complicated to open up and fix the issue. I simply removed the cover and located the the belt and pulleys. In my case simply applying handpiece lube to the spindle of each pulley fixed the problem. This was well over a year ago.