$1900/oz Gold! The end is near!

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Ive just had GC drop a trial kit of their Initial TI ceramic off.

Should be getting something milled up in TI next week to try it out.

Cost of precious metal is getting outreagous now in the UK, we NEED an alternative pronto.

Im pretty sure all the old issues with titanium have been sorted out now but will see.

C

clearH2O

Reaction score
Switch-news

I heard that Glidewells gold crowns dropped by like 80 percent in the past few months (not sure how true this is because its second hand info) I'm sure everyone is noticing the same thing. Do you all think the dental industry uses enough gold and precious metal to impact the market? If so don't you think gold will level out and start the descent in price due to lower demand? I have no idea just a curios denture tech here.
Hi, that is true and here is some news collected among our dental lab industries related to GOLD.

Taiwnanese owner/ China manufacturer, located in Rosemead, CA sent all GOLD crown, pfm and all-ceram to China to make profit by changing label to Made in The USA, in order to help saving US dentist lab cost?!! SHAME. Switch label from China to Made-in The USA.

Pro-ccraft, CA., in Jan-2011 daily received 80+ cases on ratio of 75 all ceramic vs 5 pfm and GOLD crown. They bought a new milling machine that would pay off for itself in six month and thinking to eliminate GOLD. Switch from outsource to manufacturer.

RDC ask PFM/GOLD tech be prepared to switch to digital. One employee have tranfered to FCB (full contour Bruxir) and another will follow due to their gold dept will be eliminated. Switch from hand-made to digital.

Thanks for reading

Clearh2o

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi
I'm using the GC Initial Ti kit.
Works well looks great.
Bob

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Hi
I'm using the GC Initial Ti kit.
Works well looks great.
Bob

i heard that the titanium porcelains are very difficult to work with, especially with bridges and multiple units.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Gold Rises as Growth, Debt Concerns Boost Demand - Bloomberg

Gold rose above $1,900 an ounce on speculation that economic growth will slow and Europe’s debt woes will worsen, boosting demand for a protection of wealth.

European equities dropped after an election loss for German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s party spurred concern that support for bailing out Europe’s indebted nations may fade. Bullion jumped 3.1 percent on Sept. 2, the most in almost four weeks, as data showed the U.S. jobs market stalled in August, prompting renewed speculation that the country’s economy may be headed for a recession.

“With the implications of Friday’s U.S. payrolls report and intense focus on European sovereign issues this week, gold has two strong reasons to rally,” Edel Tully, a London-based analyst at UBS AG, wrote in a report. “Additional evidence of U.S. economic weakness raises the likelihood that the Federal Reserve will announce further easing this month. As European woes reclaim center-stage and in turn investor nervousness extends, these factors will support gold in the coming weeks.”..........(more)

Last edited:
Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Hi, that is true and here is some news collected among our dental lab industries related to GOLD.

Taiwanese owner/ China manufacturer, located in Rosemead, CA sent all GOLD crown, pfm and all-ceram to China to make profit by changing label to Made in The USA, in order to help saving US dentist lab cost?!! SHAME. Switch label from China to Made-in The USA.

Pro-ccraft, CA., in Jan-2011 daily received 80+ cases on ratio of 75 all ceramic vs 5 pfm and GOLD crown. They bought a new milling machine that would pay off for itself in six month and thinking to eliminate GOLD. Switch from outsource to manufacturer.

RDC ask PFM/GOLD tech be prepared to switch to digital. One employee have tranfered to FCB (full contour Bruxir) and another will follow due to their gold dept will be eliminated. Switch from hand-made to digital.

Thanks for reading

Clearh2o

There is no need to be fraudulent about where a custom dental device is made if it has a quality/time/cost ratio that is a great deal.

I sell a 75% Au PFM at less than $130 flat fee for up the 1.3 grams of alloy and its marked in three places made in China and every one that buys from me knows where they came from.

I just started marketing locally and I'm picking up local work from dentists I never thought in a million years would send to China. Seems the frost is off that pumpkin.

If a lab wants to try to get domestic prices for offshore work they must lie, thats all there is to it.

At my prices our people get paid and have secure jobs. I make money, the dentist makes more money and the price to the patient doesn't need to go up.

Top Bottom