Last Full Gold Crown

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Zr is a very biocompatible material as well isn't it? The reason it's used in hip replacements etc.?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
any one doing milled full contour titanium?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
any one doing milled full contour titanium?

Yep, it looks great now we have Exo. People really like it, and surgeons think its a fantastic material.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
When you consider the labor and material factors, it is just hard to compete with the machineable materials as far as the profit margin goes. My fingers are already feeling better at the thought of it! The metal prices will continue to rise with each QE from Bernanke and it doesn't appear to be an end in sight.

First of all most of your statement I agree with,BUT :bootyshake: I personally just made for myself one FGC and two PFM,s with high noble metal, my dentist wearing most of gold,s on his posteriors ,ask WHY because smart people who can afford know all benefits about GOLD. Most of my day in lab all about Emax,I admit it.
Were it comes about your predictions prices of Gold, IMO ,noone can predict anything for a long term.
Are you an an astrologist?:flypig:

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Zr is a very biocompatible material as well isn't it? The reason it's used in hip replacements etc.?

Well of course it is biocompatible in the sense that your body wont reject it.. But when it comes to the oral cavity with all its juicy juices and abrasion.. Gold simply withstands the test of time and I have had several Drs say its what they would put in their own mouth.. So I trust what they see over and over again.. Drs dont only use gold because it wont break and its silly to try and sell a Dr on a new, for the most part untested, material solely based on the fact that you can slam it into a piece of wood with a hammer and it wont break.. Well maybe it wont, but id like to keep the enamel on the teeth I still have, after all this IS a dentists JOB: tooth preservation.. Not just restoration.
Besides that: service service service. If you wont give them what they want, I will. Your loss.

Last edited:
Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Predictability and track record are the things the good dentists looks for.

Patients want what they want based on whats in style, whats easy, fast and lets not forget about the money.

There is the rub.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
It's interesting that when we wear our salesman hat we tell those who'll listen that FCZ & similar is the thing to use, yet when we need a crown ourselves we'll most likely choose an FGC. I believe the choice for gold should be available, and that good information is made available to support each product. BTW I've just had a gold crown fitted, no-brainer for me.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
There's just not that much gold in the actual restoration (minus the button). What something like 5dwt? The actual gold cost is managable.
Yes, I've made a few gold crowns and inlays in days gone by :)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
There's just not that much gold in the actual restoration (minus the button). What something like 5dwt? The actual gold cost is managable.
Yes, I've made a few gold crowns and inlays in days gone by :)

Even less than that. I'd say most gold crowns that I make are between 2 & 3 dwt.

Top Bottom