Refrigerated Air Dryer

user name

user name

Reaction score
Deduction don't equal free. Ask if they have a sale yearly and wait.
There you go with that common sense nonsense. I sleep better knowing everything has a back up. Plus, I love what I do. Doing it with the best I can get my hands on makes me feel better while doing it. Im not just working and waiting for life. I live it every day in the lab.

user name

user name

Reaction score
@JMN
I feel Im getting some push back. Why the intolerance? Im just talking about clean air.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Just for reference...

I just milled a big bridge. Very dry air. Hmmm

Dust isnt sticky at all.

Yes Im showing off, but theres many reasons to get it as dry as we can.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
Im looking for desiccant air dryer. I can not buy such a small one in my country. they are the industrial ones over 5k dollars.

user name

user name

Reaction score
A 'good' industrial quality desiccant will start at 1500. Not cheap. I use a pair of these...
RTi MD-4

You cant use a desiccant dryer by itself unless its a dual tower self recharging type.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
I use refrigerator dryer, but i want to add kitty litter for better results

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
Middle of europe. Need to buy from aboard.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I use refrigerator dryer, but i want to add kitty litter for better results

Apologies for laughing at the kitty litter idea. I'd just never heard that one before regarding dry air.

In reviewing this thread, is a excellent resource as far as all the information and links provided.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Apologies for laughing at the kitty litter idea. I'd just never heard that one before regarding dry air.

In reviewing this thread, is a excellent resource as far as all the information and links provided.
If you have a cheap desiccant dryer and are in a difficult situation, Id have no problem packing it with clay kitty litter. layer a few coffee filters on top and a couple layers of stiff screen mesh. Just make sure its followed with a particulate filter. Cheap, effective and simple. Desiccant beads can only be baked in your oven to reuse once, and its a hassle.

Laugh all you want. I know its not malicious. Often its well deserved.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
If you have a cheap desiccant dryer and are in a difficult situation, Id have no problem packing it with clay kitty litter. layer a few coffee filters on top and a couple layers of stiff screen mesh. Just make sure its followed with a particulate filter. Cheap, effective and simple. Desiccant beads can only be baked in your oven to reuse once, and its a hassle.

Laugh all you want. I know its not malicious. Often its well deserved.

Like and Informative.

I also didn't realize you can or should only recharge desiccant beads once. I used to do that on a small scale when I would put my splint suck down material in a Tupperware container along with the beads, to help keep from getting moisture bubbles when doing surgical guides.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Like and Informative.

I also didn't realize you can or should only recharge desiccant beads once. I used to do that on a small scale when I would put my splint suck down material in a Tupperware container along with the beads, to help keep from getting moisture bubbles when doing surgical guides.
Im no authority on it; just relaying what Ive picked up along the way. I dont know what professional/industrial auto-recharging desiccant towers are using. I wouldnt be shocked to know its clay (aka kitty litter) rather than silica gel beads.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Im no authority on it; just relaying what Ive picked up along the way. I dont know what professional/industrial auto-recharging desiccant towers are using. I wouldnt be shocked to know its clay (aka kitty litter) rather than silica gel beads.
Hi Bob , pleasePM me if you can. Have a great compressor with 2 dessicant drying towers. Recengly getting water collection & spray from it. Its the lowestpoint in the lab vertically, think I remember a mention from you in this regard. Btw, we're pretty much a clone operations and desired outcomes of yourselve, or trying to be!!! It's the furthest point also from the comp. Compressed air is truly a mind bending experience 😰😱😪

user name

user name

Reaction score
Hi Bob , pleasePM me if you can. Have a great compressor with 2 dessicant drying towers. Recengly getting water collection & spray from it. Its the lowestpoint in the lab vertically, think I remember a mention from you in this regard. Btw, we're pretty much a clone operations and desired outcomes of yourselve, or trying to be!!! It's the furthest point also from the comp. Compressed air is truly a mind bending experience 😰😱😪
PM sent.

You need to show off more. Your lab is clean, stylish, high tech, well thought out, extremly professional.
A tour of my place begins with the excuse...'please excuse the mess', as youre confronted by a large slobbering dog and a tattooed guy that looks like he lives under a bridge.
Its all about the outcome, but you and your place are in a whole different league. Adore

Top Bottom