UVC Disinfection, Please chime in, could be a Major freind in our futures.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Poor man's UVC + O3 (aka: Ozone) generator:

20200505_213629.jpg
20200505_214350.jpg

Ok, this little contraption is POTENT ! Far more than any LED out there, make sure you protect yer eyes with some good shades handling this stuff, eh...
All you need is the guts of a mercury vapor lamp, and a ballast being the secondary winding of a microwave oven transformer, fed from 220V AC ( that is the step-up transformer on the right)... easy peasy ;)

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score

View attachment 35718
View attachment 35719

Ok, this little contraption is POTENT ! Far more than any LED out there, make sure you protect yer eyes with some good shades handling this stuff, eh...
All you need is the guts of a mercury vapor lamp, and a ballast being the secondary winding of a microwave oven transformer, fed from 220V AC ( that is the step-up transformer on the right)... easy peasy ;)
Simple and easy set up as your bennch displays...What??? Thanks though Zero, always appreciated!!!🙂

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score

View attachment 35718
View attachment 35719

Been looking at Xenon Pulse UV-C, amazing but $$$

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Simple and easy set up as your bennch displays...What??? Thanks though Zero, always appreciated!!!🙂
You can build one of these for next to nothing...cheapo surplus lamp (I think they are being phased out ?) and a free MOT from you local electronics dump...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You may want to freeze a few viles of your sperm before you start playing around with that contraption.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
You may want to freeze a few viles of your sperm before you start playing around with that contraption.
Newest guidance from the CCDS is to wait 120 min Before wiping down an op using SOP. Just crazy but real. UVC 10 min, all done, air included 🙂

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
All joking aside, bleach solution has been my go to disinfectant from day one. The dentist is "supposed" to send us disinfected models and cases, but we have to assume they don't. If theres "obvious" blood on a set of models, they get the full strength bleach soak, the smell doesn't go away and no need to note my displeasure at the bloody models. Of course on metal you have to use the cavicide. As for air quality, you need great ventilation, filtration, wear a mask and gloves, and live on.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Newest guidance from the CCDS is to wait 120 min Before wiping down an op using SOP. Just crazy but real. UVC 10 min, all done, air included 🙂
Let's hope it becomes affordable for smaller practices real soon.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
All joking aside, bleach solution has been my go to disinfectant from day one. The dentist is "supposed" to send us disinfected models and cases, but we have to assume they don't. If theres "obvious" blood on a set of models, they get the full strength bleach soak, the smell doesn't go away and no need to note my displeasure at the bloody models. Of course on metal you have to use the cavicide. As for air quality, you need great ventilation, filtration, wear a mask and gloves, and live on.
We've let all of our accounts know if cases aren't disinfected when we receive them they will be charged a $25 infection control charge.
We still disinfect everything when it comes in, but maybe the charge will make some of them stop and think that they need to protect us too. But our very first pick up when we came back to work last week, the impressions were just thrown in the bag!

user name

user name

Reaction score
I sure scored some bonus points yesterday. Guy tiling my bathroom had a new box of 3M N-95 masks I was able to get. I took them to the office thats been keeping my busy through all this.
The appreciation was really fantastic.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
My doc said that hydrogen peroxide kills covid in 30 seconds. I've been soaking impressions for a few minutes in 50% peroxide/ water solution after cavicide spray. He is also making all patients swish with the same for 1 minute before working. Not sure where that info comes from.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
My doc said that hydrogen peroxide kills covid in 30 seconds. I've been soaking impressions for a few minutes in 50% peroxide/ water solution after cavicide spray. He is also making all patients swish with the same for 1 minute before working. Not sure where that info comes from.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I'm starting to think zero is Tony stark..🤔

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
We are being told to use a 1% hydrogen peroxide rinse, but it is only sold in 3% so we are diluting.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I havent seen this in use, but the local disaster cleanup company is pushing SteraMist to everyone.

Top Bottom