Analogs for 3D printed implant models

Tero

Tero

Reaction score
Analogs stl files is needed to add 3shapes implantlibrary and these stl files have to be in same cordinate system with other parts of implant library.
Analogs for 3D printed models need precise rotation position in model so thats why "flat end" on replicas is needed to set alalog in right position in model.

Regular analogs mayd can use in same brands but not for all. Thats why I think it is better to have special designed for 3d printing techniques.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Why not just insert a regular analog from the top and glue? Why feel the need to re-design the "wheel"

Analog would "bottom-out" when it hits the floor, and there already is anti-rotation to aid in clocking the interface.

These are cheap as dirt now days. I think Glidwell sells for almost nothing, and plenty on ebay from Isreal and other sources for just a few bucks.

3Shape model builder requires the analog STL files as part of the implant kits library to be loaded. The 'model analogs' for printed models are only available from Cor3D as far as I know, ELOS does not have them yet. The analog snaps into a printed model. You cn't just print a model with a random hole in the bottom and stick an impression analog in, it won't work. Unless you created your own implant library to accommodate. If my memory serves me, analogs for the Core3d library are around $60.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
The scan bodies are about $60 from core3d but can be used for interoral scanners or plaster scanners - they both use the same library in either 3Shape or Dental Wings, with Exocad coming soon. From an intra oral scan once printed the analogue slides in from the bottom of the printed model and friction fits at the correct depth and angle - they cost less than the manufacturers plaster analogue (about $20 i think ) and reusable as they are not bonded, if you ever had to revisit the model you could slide an analogue back in.

Not sure if they will let you mill your own metal - I suspect not but they will sell you Ti links to mill your own Zr. Speak to the core3d nearest you, as some cover multiple countries.

V

vjinoian

Reaction score
Replicas for Rapidprototypeing

Hi.

Does anyone know from where I can buy analogs / replicas for 3D printed models?
We have own 3D printer but no working analogs so far.
Stl files of these analogs would be great too, but not nessesery...

Thanks

Look at this page in Switzerland.
VanoTech Switzerland

D

Denttech

Reaction score
Dear vjinoian,

Do you know if Vanotech delivers the .stl file library of their analogues ?

Kind regards

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
It will most likely be cheaper than implant manufacturers parts i would think.
Here is an example
Insert from the bottom then glue.
You will have problems with certain analogs if you dont have them manufactured correctly.

You think? :confused:
LCM

K

kmgold1234

www.dess-usa.com
Reaction score
Scan Bodies and Ti Bases

The scan bodies are about $60 from core3d but can be used for interoral scanners or plaster scanners - they both use the same library in either 3Shape or Dental Wings, with Exocad coming soon. From an intra oral scan once printed the analogue slides in from the bottom of the printed model and friction fits at the correct depth and angle - they cost less than the manufacturers plaster analogue (about $20 i think ) and reusable as they are not bonded, if you ever had to revisit the model you could slide an analogue back in.

Not sure if they will let you mill your own metal - I suspect not but they will sell you Ti links to mill your own Zr. Speak to the core3d nearest you, as some cover multiple countries.

DESS (www.dess-usa.com US site) (www.dess-abutments.com Europe site) offers ti bases, scan jigs, analogs and free libraries for Exocad, 3Shape, and Dental Wings.

We do not have the analogs for the printed model/stl files though...at least not right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Let us know when the parts pass FDA, thanks Keith

K

kmgold1234

www.dess-usa.com
Reaction score
3d printed models with stainless steel analogs

So now you just need to design the files...the companies that will put time into it are the ones selling the parts.

Hi Lance-
Thanks for the picture of the analog with the flat bottom.
Has anyone figured out a way to use a standard analog in a 3d printed model by either having it printed where the pieces split down the middle of the implant site to insert the analog.
I have the stl library files that we give away for exocad, 3shape, and dental wings and our analogs have a flat side at the bottom of it so I am starting to talk to the stratsys /objets and other printer manuf to figure out a solution.

I think it would be tough to bring in an analog from the bottom of the model and orientate it properly.
Any input on possible workarounds and options I would like to know since my customers are dental labs asking me for this solution and there are plenty of labs that are tired of being locked into using a milliing center for this proprietary solutions and want options.

thanks
Keith Goldstein
DESS USA
DESS-USA | Dental Implants & Restorative Prosthetics
[email protected]

cnhart@me.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Very simple. Simple as a dimple. If you like. Talking in riddle.
Of course it's simple enough as long as the anti rotation outside relates to inside. From top or bottom makes no difference at all.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I'm not sure a printed model will be accurate enough for multi unit implant supported bridges. Seeing problems with this indication. Milling the model may be needed for this indication. Single units will work well with printed models.
The analog will need a redesign. We are changing the process from pouring stone around an analog to placing an analog into a prefabricated model. This will definitely require a redesign.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Although this technique of creating a receptacle in the milled or printed model for the analog is a marvel of CADCAM wizardry it is quite complex. Why not follow the same technique developed by 3i with the encode system? Milling or printing a copy of the designed abutment within the model. This would cut the cost of the model and complexity. Additional benefits would be no lab screw needed, no need to carry a variety of analogs in inventory and techs would save time screwing the actual abutment on and off the model while working on the case. Less chance of damaging the actual abutment.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Although this technique of creating a receptacle in the milled or printed model for the analog is a marvel of CADCAM wizardry it is quite complex. Why not follow the same technique developed by 3i with the encode system? Milling or printing a copy of the designed abutment within the model. This would cut the cost of the model and complexity. Additional benefits would be no lab screw needed, no need to carry a variety of analogs in inventory and techs would save time screwing the actual abutment on and off the model while working on the case. Less chance of damaging the actual abutment.
Jo, in theory it works. But, how often do we need or want to adjust the abutment after digital fabrication? In addition, screw retained crowns are making a come back.
We definitely need a solution for an analog in a Digital model.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Could you print a transfer jig for the analog and insert it that way?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Is it possible to create an insertion jig that would hold a standard analog, that you could insert into the model.

Top Bottom