Analogs for 3D printed implant models

Tero

Tero

Reaction score
Hi.

Does anyone know from where I can buy analogs / replicas for 3D printed models?
We have own 3D printer but no working analogs so far.
Stl files of these analogs would be great too, but not nessesery...

Thanks

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
^ What he said. Core is the only one I know of... they require you to use them as a milling center though for the abutments/bars.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
CAP should have a solution soon.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
^Likewise. It's a huge undertaking and a lot of testing to get right.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You expect screw threads to be printed huh?

Yeah, don't see that working out very well at all.

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out for ya.

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
You expect screw threads to be printed huh?

Yeah, don't see that working out very well at all.

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out for ya.

***, the OP asked for analogs for printed models not printing the actual screw threads in the model :confused:
There as a couple of options on the market such as Core3D and Elos Medtech
They are a little different in design than regular analogs with more precise locating rods for positioning control.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Analogs have screw threads inside. LOL Otherwise, how would you tighten anything into it? How about a regular analog then? What is so special about an analog for a printer model then?? Sounds like you have to glue into printed model, correct? Then you just need a model printed with hole to accept the shape of analog? No? If not, then explain the process for me. I'm an idiot. Thanks!

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
No undercuts on one end of the analog so it slides in. Most analogs have undercuts. You also need to design the mesh to print to. but with an allowance for friction.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I am sure a regular analog would work just fine, or even better if I am understanding you.

I would want the undercuts to lock into some sort of glue, no? You mean to say that you think just a smooth cylinder would be better? I do not think so at all. Of course the undercuts are not printed into the model so it slides down into a hole passively, but I would also incorperate some undercuts in the printed hole to also lock into the glue.
I think just a plain-Jane analog would work just fine.

OK, your turn,.....

(I have heard that if 3shape catches a distributor selling exocad, then they threaten to cut you off from being a distributor. This happened in US recently. They are playing bully, and making reseller choose One or the other. They get pissed-off if you start to sell both CAD software. Have you been approached by 3shape yet about this topic? If not, then it's coming soon to a threater near you! LOL)

Last edited:
Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Undercut on one end. I think you miss-understood.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
What?

What about an undercut on One end?

What makes this any different from just a regular analog? Why would a regular analog not work?

I still do not follow any of this at all. I think a regular analog would work just as well as whatever you guys are trying (and failing) to explain.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I agree with Scott.

I don't want to pay a premium for a special analog. The printed model should accept a standard analog.

Why couldn't you insert the analog from the bottom/base of the model?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
It will most likely be cheaper than implant manufacturers parts i would think.
Here is an example
aimg37.imageshack.us_img37_5761_40155277.png
Insert from the bottom then glue.
You will have problems with certain analogs if you dont have them manufactured correctly.
aimg37.imageshack.us_img37_5761_40155277.png

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If they are cheaper or at par then I have no problem.

They will need to address the warranty issue.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
It will most likely be cheaper than implant manufacturers parts i would think.
Here is an example

Insert from the bottom then glue.
You will have problems with certain analogs if you dont have them manufactured correctly.

Why not just insert a regular analog from the top and glue? Why feel the need to re-design the "wheel"

Analog would "bottom-out" when it hits the floor, and there already is anti-rotation to aid in clocking the interface.

These are cheap as dirt now days. I think Glidwell sells for almost nothing, and plenty on ebay from Isreal and other sources for just a few bucks.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
So now you just need to design the files...the companies that will put time into it are the ones selling the parts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom