What would cause this?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This is why I purchased a Trios. I'm tired of being a fricken detective.
The veneers fit perfectly to the original models.
Dr is wanting a n/c remake of course.
Hands up if you think I should eat this one.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
This would be a half charge remake, no blame, just make the patient happy. You worked on the impression sent with no signs of distortion.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
OR get creative. Do 2 remakes, one from a trios scan and one from his 2nd impression. Blind comparison, if he picks the trios scan, he pays full price plus PIA fee.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This would be a half charge remake, no blame, just make the patient happy. You worked on the impression sent with no signs of distortion.

I can do that.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
OR get creative. Do 2 remakes, one from a trios scan and one from his 2nd impression. Blind comparison, if he picks the trios scan, he pays full price plus PIA fee.

LOL, all my fees are PIA fees.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I would also say that if crowns continue to not fit, THEN it will be a full charge remake, as you have no control over his distorted impressions.
No Dr wants to take a bad impression.. or have to determine the cause, because 9 out of 10 times its the handling of the impression in the office that causes stuff like this.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Here's a quick putty of #2 ( hat tip to zero x 2 )
DSC_0311_zpse86yn18i.jpg

Transfer #2 to #1
DSC_0310_zpsx9azzazh.jpg

G

grantoz

Reaction score
impression compression the heavy body was starting set before placement so it distorts on placing it in the mouth .once you remove it from the mouth the the heavy body goes back to its unstreched shape thus shortening the impression it happens a lot on fine or sharp edged preps ios is so much more accurate in this aspect of impression taking as it is passive.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Interesting . I wonder if the room temperature was the problem.
The light body looks like it mixed well with the heavy body , yet it could have still been setting.
It has been a hot summer and maybe their office was too warm? That could be why the heavy didn't extrude through the tray holes.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
If it was a 2 step impression the medium/hard body can act like a spring and bounce back when the light body is used, depending on its set state. I never except 2 step imps for this reason.
Just read grantoz, and yes same kinda angle.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I just bought a Trios pod... Im hoping I can actually make money with it.. I have some ideas. I will be in touch RKM!

E

EdwardS

Reaction score
I was going to start a post about this issue as well. All cases that we send out fit perfect on model and solid model. However, sometimes we get cases coming back that don't fit in the mouth with a new impression enclosed. We pour the new impressions and just like in the mouth, the crown or Br. wont seat fully. Its a frustrating issue as both dentist and technician claim that they are consistent and nothing has changed. You have to really keep great communication with clients so they don't switch to a new lab and all of a sudden the problem resolves itself. We find that it almost seasonal comes and goes with a few of our clients. Here is a four unit Zr. bridge that came back and I overlayed the two scans. Blue is model from old impression. No visible distortions with this docs impressions uses 3Ms pvs. I'm hoping John W. will shed some wisdom on this issue. Thanks Ed

Case1.PNG Case2.PNG

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I solved the problem by remaking the veneers .
I told the dr that since he only sends half of his work(anteriors) to me, he will be only charged a 50% remake fee.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I was going to start a post about this issue as well. All cases that we send out fit perfect on model and solid model. However, sometimes we get cases coming back that don't fit in the mouth with a new impression enclosed. We pour the new impressions and just like in the mouth, the crown or Br. wont seat fully. Its a frustrating issue as both dentist and technician claim that they are consistent and nothing has changed. You have to really keep great communication with clients so they don't switch to a new lab and all of a sudden the problem resolves itself. We find that it almost seasonal comes and goes with a few of our clients. Here is a four unit Zr. bridge that came back and I overlayed the two scans. Blue is model from old impression. No visible distortions with this docs impressions uses 3Ms pvs. I'm hoping John W. will shed some wisdom on this issue. Thanks Ed

View attachment 23338 View attachment 23339

HI EdwardS!

There is definitely a distortion, but where it is coming from is hard to say. Several possibilities are: distorted impression, improper water/powder ration in stone cast, improper water/powder ratio in stone base, high expansion stone in base, severely perio involved teeth, poor temporization on preps.

To rule out several things at once I would pour a solid model from each impression using the same mix of stone. This could give you some insight as to whether it is the impression or the stone work.

Top Bottom