what a case!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
(denture #1) Patient presented to a client with a maxillary denture that had been cracked, broken, and repaired extensively. She wanted a more permanent solution, so six root form implants were placed for locator denture fabrication. (denture #2) An open palate locator denture was fabricated with a strengthener bar to help keep the denture from breaking. Over the next two years the patient kept returning for multiple repairs as the denture continued to break. (denture #3) A new denture was made with more cast metal mesh as a strengthener and thicker acrylic to avoid future fractures. Patient kept returning with more fractures and breaks in the new denture. (denture #4) A new denture was made but this one used no posterior denture teeth to help with additional strength. Posterior occlusion was developed by using monolithic denture base acrylic. Sadly, the patient returned a short time later with more fractures in her denture. She was frustrated, and so was the Dr. All this took place leading up to Harmony Dental Creations being involved.

We got a call from the Dr. to see if there was something we could develop to create a long-lasting denture that would not fracture for this patient. My lead denture technician and I sat down to treatment plan and decided upon a cast metal substructure that kept all of the posterior occlusion in metal. In essence posterior metal occlusions, except on a removable appliance retained by 6 locators. We contacted our good friend and fellow lab owner at a lab in Virginia, to discuss our ideas and evaluate the plan we had devised. He was on board and agreed to help with the fabrication of the cast frame portion of this prosthetic as we do not cast our own RPD frames. All of the posteriors were to have metal occlusion, but we still wanted to maintain some cosmetics, so we did denture tooth facings instead of all-cast facials.
We set up the denture on the Panadent articulator with a confirmed bite taken by the Dr, marked the design for occlusal coverage on the denture teeth, and sent it over for frame casting. They worked magic by designing a masterpiece for us to use as the frame for this denture. When it returned to us, we finalized the denture setup, injected the acrylic, finished the denture, and shipped it back to the Dr. A few days later, the Dr called to offer his and the patients' thanks for a successful denture delivery. A week or two later we got a call at the laboratory that the patient called in to the practice in (happy) tears and wanted to thank everyone again. She was able to eat an apple for the first time in 7 years! She has since been back for follow up appointments and as you can see by the smiling pictures, she is thrilled to have an appliance that allows her to smile once again!

I literally have dozens and dozens of images and videos from start to finish on this case. SO. MUCH. FUN.
I implore you all to find joy in what we do and find a team that supports your vision! We literally make smiles, and its extremely rewarding.

P.Nixon16.jpg P.Nixon17.jpg P.Nixon27.JPG P.Nixon36.jpg P.Nixon37.jpg P.Nixon38.JPG P.Nixon39.JPG P.Nixon40.JPG P.Nixon41.JPG P.Nixon42.JPG

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Cool case! Get that lady a carrot!

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Very nice work. 🏆
#12 implant will eventually fail.
Patient will continue to show up for insert replacements because no one will notice they are being forced in while filled with debris.
But at least it won't break.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
(denture #1) Patient presented to a client with a maxillary denture that had been cracked, broken, and repaired extensively. She wanted a more permanent solution, so six root form implants were placed for locator denture fabrication. (denture #2) An open palate locator denture was fabricated with a strengthener bar to help keep the denture from breaking. Over the next two years the patient kept returning for multiple repairs as the denture continued to break. (denture #3) A new denture was made with more cast metal mesh as a strengthener and thicker acrylic to avoid future fractures. Patient kept returning with more fractures and breaks in the new denture. (denture #4) A new denture was made but this one used no posterior denture teeth to help with additional strength. Posterior occlusion was developed by using monolithic denture base acrylic. Sadly, the patient returned a short time later with more fractures in her denture. She was frustrated, and so was the Dr. All this took place leading up to Harmony Dental Creations being involved.

We got a call from the Dr. to see if there was something we could develop to create a long-lasting denture that would not fracture for this patient. My lead denture technician and I sat down to treatment plan and decided upon a cast metal substructure that kept all of the posterior occlusion in metal. In essence posterior metal occlusions, except on a removable appliance retained by 6 locators. We contacted our good friend and fellow lab owner at a lab in Virginia, to discuss our ideas and evaluate the plan we had devised. He was on board and agreed to help with the fabrication of the cast frame portion of this prosthetic as we do not cast our own RPD frames. All of the posteriors were to have metal occlusion, but we still wanted to maintain some cosmetics, so we did denture tooth facings instead of all-cast facials.
We set up the denture on the Panadent articulator with a confirmed bite taken by the Dr, marked the design for occlusal coverage on the denture teeth, and sent it over for frame casting. They worked magic by designing a masterpiece for us to use as the frame for this denture. When it returned to us, we finalized the denture setup, injected the acrylic, finished the denture, and shipped it back to the Dr. A few days later, the Dr called to offer his and the patients' thanks for a successful denture delivery. A week or two later we got a call at the laboratory that the patient called in to the practice in (happy) tears and wanted to thank everyone again. She was able to eat an apple for the first time in 7 years! She has since been back for follow up appointments and as you can see by the smiling pictures, she is thrilled to have an appliance that allows her to smile once again!

I literally have dozens and dozens of images and videos from start to finish on this case. SO. MUCH. FUN.
I implore you all to find joy in what we do and find a team that supports your vision! We literally make smiles, and its extremely rewarding.

View attachment 43342 View attachment 43343 View attachment 43344 View attachment 43345 View attachment 43346 View attachment 43347 View attachment 43348 View attachment 43349 View attachment 43350 View attachment 43351
Great case!

Send it to LMT for their case presentation issue that is coming up!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i'm only disappointed insofar as it was cast instead of milled, other than that, good work!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
did you at least print it and send it for casting or was it hand waxed

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
you guys are welcome to critique! i want to hear all the feedback so we can continue getting better!

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Seem like plenty of room for acrylic. I wonder why she was having so much breakage? Awesome work.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Seem like plenty of room for acrylic. I wonder why she was having so much breakage? Awesome work.
i wish i knew. there may have even been more dentures prior to us getting involved. it was quite the long ordeal for her. i am just happy to get her results that she is thrilled with. that also should never break LOL