Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Edward S, what model base are you using? Maybe the bicuspid is mobile?Dontknow

victormasi

victormasi

Reaction score
The mesio-distal tight fit was probably distortion in the impression material. As for the short margins, often times the assistants are left to temporize the altered teeth, if they exaggerate the gingival areas(leave acrylic long=overlapping the tissue) the gum will recede and cause exposed margins, so the Dr. probably reprepped them further apically.
Yep. seen that one before.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
its classic compression of the impression you see that its mainly the tips that have been shortened by the impression.for gods sake you know how to pour up an impression if you have got to the stage of restoring such a case you are no mug.once you start doing digital impressions you realise how much of this goes on we get far less contact and bite problems also. the only time you have problems with digital is when you get a lazy dentist who gets their nurse to do the scan then you see problems.

E

EdwardS

Reaction score

HI EdwardS!

There is definitely a distortion, but where it is coming from is hard to say. Several possibilities are: distorted impression, improper water/powder ration in stone cast, improper water/powder ratio in stone base, high expansion stone in base, severely perio involved teeth, poor temporization on preps.

To rule out several things at once I would pour a solid model from each impression using the same mix of stone. This could give you some insight as to whether it is the impression or the stone work.

I don't believe its the stone work or the base as everything gets checked on a solid model (which isn't cut or pinned). I could pour up these impressions using plaster, buff, or diestone...your going to get the same fit. Stone expansion wouldn't throw off a case to this degree.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Hi Rob, definitely agree with Grantoz, its compression of the impression. Had this happen to me Once. 6 anterior pfm w pm's and fit like it was for another Pt. Same symtoms, exactly. Had 3m track down the problem back in 2007. I really need to give you a call eh? :)

Dave

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hi Rob, definitely agree with Grantoz, its compression of the impression. Had this happen to me Once. 6 anterior pfm w pm's and fit like it was for another Pt. Same symtoms, exactly. Had 3m track down the problem back in 2007. I really need to give you a call eh? :)

Dave

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
You have my number?

Top Bottom