Best milling strategies and why? If anybody can please advise I would truly appreciate it!

E

Eric Burgio

Reaction score
Hello I'm using some 3D for my milling software for both my Roland DWX 50 Mills. But for the past six months we've been having a lot of issues and errors and even after updating and doing the lab chow plug I'm still having just as much problems. It's inconsistent but with lower anterior preps cuspid to cuspid or about the props were long incisal preps , it looks as if it's milling the entire restoration out but when it comes to seating the coping's or frames the incisal area is never milled out properly of the restoration but is hbirds knowing it all the way out but when you go to and usually holds the margins up sometimes up to 2 mm. I need advice would help I can greatly appreciate it right now are using 3-D Bio CAD strategy for zirconia copings and full contour Zir crowns. Also we are getting a ton of axis violation here's that the last person that I was working with told me is just click OK and keep going. Put in honesty I'm spending so much time fitting trying to save these frameworks restorations are trying to grind out inside to get it to seat but it's getting to be very frustrating. Hope someone's been through this and can help me with the need to appreciate everyone's time
thanks,
Eric

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Do you have the right Drill comp set in the design along with the die spacer? Might be time do a complete updated clean install. Get some simple strategies from Sum3d and see if that takes care of the issue. Also Micheal Web might be able to help you a lot more the your re seller.

SpyGr

SpyGr

Reaction score
Hello I'm using some 3D for my milling software for both my Roland DWX 50 Mills. But for the past six months we've been having a lot of issues and errors and even after updating and doing the lab chow plug I'm still having just as much problems. It's inconsistent but with lower anterior preps cuspid to cuspid or about the props were long incisal preps , it looks as if it's milling the entire restoration out but when it comes to seating the coping's or frames the incisal area is never milled out properly of the restoration but is hbirds knowing it all the way out but when you go to and usually holds the margins up sometimes up to 2 mm. I need advice would help I can greatly appreciate it right now are using 3-D Bio CAD strategy for zirconia copings and full contour Zir crowns. Also we are getting a ton of axis violation here's that the last person that I was working with told me is just click OK and keep going. Put in honesty I'm spending so much time fitting trying to save these frameworks restorations are trying to grind out inside to get it to seat but it's getting to be very frustrating. Hope someone's been through this and can help me with the need to appreciate everyone's time
thanks,
Eric

Honestly why you just dont sent your issues directly in CIM SYSTEM support in US. I cant understand why you prefer to post it here instead of sending it directly to the support and take care of it by saving you time and money............

Give Michael a call or email . It will much better and faster

8912 Stone Green Way, Suite 1
Louisville, KY 40220

Tel. +1-502-473-9994
Fax +1-502-208-3642

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Which cad software , which cam software if sum which master default strategie 11up to 14 maybe send a cam file and cfg as pm but in general use inside if its sum always 5 ax simultan not 3plus2 outside 3 plus 2 is most times better full zero and 180 degress not one side only. All strats use normally 0.6 inside residual so drill compensation might be not the problem. Inside finish crown is the line where you have to look allow tool rotation and max 15 degress if the tool goes down with 5 degrees as normal on DWX 50. Maybe wrong part import versus correlation to the strategie could be a problem too but looks more like inside finish.

MikeW

MikeW

Reaction score
thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric,

We can check the behavior of the CAM and make sure everything is sound there. 3D BioCAD has not changed their strategy in quite awhile so it's possible either something else has changed or that you may have 3rd party software interfering with the CAM - The possibility always exists as well that you may have a problem with the machine. Anyway, if you reach out to our support team, we can troubleshoot with you to figure it out. Our support email is: [email protected] or if you want to PM (Private Message) me your contact information, I can reach out to you this week to look at it together.

It is important that you have the following information when we speak:
  • Name of .CAM Files that you've had issues with during milling.
  • Information about milling results (pictures help)
I'm sure we can help you figure it out, we just need the correct information to examine where the symptoms are pointing to.

Regards,
Mike Webb

Top Bottom