What do You Think?

S

Sanhlabo

Reaction score
Are you sure it is a porc?I can't see the inner stump on UV ray.It looks like a natural tooth.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Are you sure it is a porc?I can't see the inner stump on UV ray.It looks like a natural tooth.

Yep it's porcelain. I noticed that too, prety coool huh?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
In my opinion, for all of them to crack like that, it would be highly unusual to be from masticatory forces.
I am wondering if there were micro fractures either from pressing, cutting off the sprue or baking.
Then when seated the hydraulic pressure forced the fractures.
Or the wrong cement was used with an incompatible cte .
That happened to me on a six unit anterior veneer case on the Dr.`s wife.
They were regular porc. and he decided to use a new bonding cement he never used before.
They all cracked and he had to cut them off and we started over.
Needless to say his wife was not happy.

This is what I was initially thinking.

thetoothfarie

thetoothfarie

Reaction score
Looks like the patient is a bruxer. ck wear facets on canines and rather flat occ. on the 2 bi's. I would make a h/s night guard on lower to prevent further damage untill remade or...?

S

Sanhlabo

Reaction score
If I were the patient,I will demand a replace as soon as possible.If bruxism is the problem,I will need a PFZ instead.:rolleyes:

C

corbett

Reaction score
I would suggest incorrect bonding. If this is cerpress, may not have been fired correctly. Dont know what this is, looks like something pressed over inadequate or incorrect prep with some brand of low fusing porc with incorrect expansion co efficient. I do presses and all porcelain on brux patients, never had failure like this. So far.

C

corbett

Reaction score
Oh, and also if adjustments are made after bonding, for some reason it can cause crazy things to happen later on. Cracks sheering etc. So I have heard. Never seen except in pics.

jerry

jerry

Reaction score
just study。。 it will help me... ; thanks

O

ofair

Reaction score
My opinion, i see picture.One reason for crack metal is sharp,i recive the same case