Sum3d not saving curves after calculating

S

SW_CAD_TECH

Reaction score
Hey guys, is anyone else having problems with Sum3d not auto-saving the curves on used stock after jobs are calculated?

Sum3d is acting as if the used stock files are read-only (which they are not). Auto-save or manual save doesn't work. The only work around I have found is to manually save the used stock as a different filename than what is was originally called.

Just curious if anyone is experiencing this.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Recent update ?

S

SW_CAD_TECH

Reaction score
Only been using it for a little over 1 month and unless it auto-updates, I haven't done any. I have our reseller support looking at it but I was wondering if anyone else might have come across the problem.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Never happened to me...Did anyone monkey with the computer ? Did you check the file attributes ?

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
I have never come across this issue. There is a great recent update that has fixed a lot of other annoying issues though.

SpyGr

SpyGr

Reaction score
What milling machine are you using and where are you locating?

W

wanny-

Reaction score
You might want to try and install it as an admin user? Not sure but sometimes windows permissions can mess with stock files.

MikeW

MikeW

Reaction score
Hey guys, is anyone else having problems with Sum3d not auto-saving the curves on used stock after jobs are calculated?

Sum3d is acting as if the used stock files are read-only (which they are not). Auto-save or manual save doesn't work. The only work around I have found is to manually save the used stock as a different filename than what is was originally called.

Just curious if anyone is experiencing this.

Hi SW_CAD_TECH,

As one suggested, make sure you're running the program as an administrator (right-click > run as admin to be sure). Also, make sure you're using valid characters in the stock name (no special symbols or periods).
If you're still running into issues, we can help you troubleshoot. Send an email to [email protected] and we can remote in to take a look if needed.

Regards,
Mike

Top Bottom