RPE

K

kcb

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. Have had a few issues with the GL screw's locking up , could be patient consuming sticky foods. Like the design of the snap lock screw. Plan on ordering the snap lock when I run low on the GL. Thanks again, KCB

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
$55 for your basic RPE (if they provide bands) $10 a band if they dont ( I HATE KEEPING BANDS IN STOCK!)
We use the basic 10mm Forestadent RPE screw, the one with the gold spindle. I think we order 10-20 at a time at around $13.80 a screw, but we have to pay extra for the safety key!?! I didn't know the snap-locks came with free safety keys! I need to talk to my rep!

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Thanks, yeah thats why I photo'd it it didn't get a burned up as most!

Have U ever tried electro soldering? While my laser is out of service I have had to go to the backup torix I can solder right up to acrylic & not burn much, I will probably show kcb how to use it, she has been having quite a time with CMP.:mad2:

K

kcb

Reaction score
Do you charge more for the bands with the buccal tubes?

K

kcb

Reaction score
Thanks Ajel hopefully my ordeal with CMP will be over soon so I can come over and watch you do some cool stuff.

K

kcb

Reaction score
Looks like most use the snap-lock screw. I'm excited to try it. I have been stuck in a rut for too long using the same old expansion screw. Time for a change.

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
$55 for your basic RPE (if they provide bands) $10 a band if they dont ( I HATE KEEPING BANDS IN STOCK!)
We use the basic 10mm Forestadent RPE screw, the one with the gold spindle. I think we order 10-20 at a time at around $13.80 a screw, but we have to pay extra for the safety key!?! I didn't know the snap-locks came with free safety keys! I need to talk to my rep!

My snap locks do not come with a safety key, only a regular metal key. Maybe thats what they meant???? You can not really use those metal keys intraorally unless you really trust a parent wont drop it into the back of there childs throat which they will, people have tied dental floss on them to prevent choking but there still very hard to use. a Safety Key is a long handled key about the size of a pencil.

BTW all orthodontists should have there own, I give ones to general dentists but if an orthodontist asks me for them I tell them where to order, THEY should have them on hand should a patient lose theres

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Do you charge more for the bands with the buccal tubes?

YES YES YES!!!!!!!
They cost you more, I charge 8.50 just for the band not fitting it on the model I charge an additional 7.50 per band fitting

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Have U ever tried electro soldering? While my laser is out of service I have had to go to the backup torix I can solder right up to acrylic & not burn much, I will probably show kcb how to use it, she has been having quite a time with CMP.:mad2:

Well I electro soldered my finger the other day does that count!:p

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
My snap locks do not come with a safety key, only a regular metal key. Maybe thats what they meant???? You can not really use those metal keys intraorally unless you really trust a parent wont drop it into the back of there childs throat which they will, people have tied dental floss on them to prevent choking but there still very hard to use. a Safety Key is a long handled key about the size of a pencil.

BTW all orthodontists should have there own, I give ones to general dentists but if an orthodontist asks me for them I tell them where to order, THEY should have them on hand should a patient lose theres

yeah we have to order those blue safety keys when we order the RPE's. I think most my orthodontist do stock there own too.
I use that little key just to check and make sure I didn't jack up the RPE when I soldered. I open the RPE a couple of turns then close it back.

I use a hydroflux welder for my soldering. LOVE IT. but i an keeping my eye open for a laser welder the higher my solder prices go! :jaw:

R

rosarioortholab

Reaction score
If you order 50 of any type of rpe screws from forestadent they will give you 50 free safety keys. If they don't offer ask your rep and he should set that up for you. Dentaurum also gives free safety keys if you order 50 0r more.

K

kcb

Reaction score
Hydroflux Welder, can you tell me anything about it? Where can I get one? Are they easy to work with?

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
let me try to embed that video...again...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/user/RetainerDesigner#p/u/6/pwY4rbp6Prw[/YOUTUBE]