Rolend machine

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
So, is the Roland mdx-540 SA a heavier duty machine than the DWX-50?

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Ok Mark, Shaun and Shane, you guys have sold me on the Roland. I just need to make sure I get the correct cam software with it. ;) I made the mistake of telling my wife about the offer to come to California to check out your mills Mark...

Jason, please know I'm serious. Hundreds of lab owners have come here to test drive things over the years, ranging from Propay to dust collectors. You'll have a lot of mills to play with.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
One thing I can tell you, and it doesn't matter WHAT mill you have, the key to a long life is cleanliness. We vacuum out all our mills several times a day, and they get a very thorough cleaning with a brush and vacuum every morning before we fire them up.

YZ dust is murder on moving parts, and you want to keep the stuff from working it's way into things. Brush and vacuum, and never, ever use air on them. We also find that the static cling stuff they sell for laundry works great on the glass on all our mills to keep the dust from sticking.

Take care of these expensive tools and they will last a long, long time.

Very true! If I'm doing a lot of units at once sometimes I'll pause it to clean it out. especially if i'm doing pmma. That stuff seams to have like a static cling to it, it sticks to everything. Thanks for answering my questions I had about this machine.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Ok Mark, Shaun and Shane, you guys have sold me on the Roland. I just need to make sure I get the correct cam software with it. ;) I made the mistake of telling my wife about the offer to come to California to check out your mills Mark...

The CAM we have is SUM3D. User friendly, straight forward controls. kinda works in steps, gives you an eta. If you decide you like the DWX-50 and want to get another one, you can run 4 mills on the same software.

Good luck, and have fun milling!

You talk to any Roland vendors? If you're on the west coast Sagemax sells it, that's who we bought ours from. Feel free to contact me and I'll tell you some of the pricing we got. email me @ [email protected]

Shaun Keating

Shaun Keating

Reaction score

We use DelCam:)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Mark, I'll never forget when you though SUM3D was for kids, and made fun of me for using it.

It is all that and more. Just as good or even better than Powermill.

You just paid more than me. That's all. ;)

Nana Boo-Boo. (Just kidding)

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Mark, I'll never forget when you though SUM3D was for kids, and made fun of me for using it.

It is all that and more. Just as good or even better than Powermill.

You just paid more than me. That's all. ;)

Nana Boo-Boo. (Just kidding)

Heck, I don't know what I'm talking about most of the time. I just throw stuff out there to bug you. Seriously, Sum3D seems to be working for a lot of people.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We are using Sum 3d for our Roland DWX 50 and getting some great results. We have moved to a 0.3mm tool for anatomy. I know I need to post some picks posted . I'll try to get it done next week.
Have a great weeked everyone,
B

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Roland Users,
I really was not bashing them, what I wanted to say is there are other large and respected labs that have many Wieland Mini's. Currently 8 are in Micro. Another large lab in CA. have both Mini's and the T1. DAL in Peoria has 2---3rd on the way, with a T1 on the way. I just liked your very real passion that you have in millling with your units. That same pride is with us, we are selling many Mini's and the T1.
The thought is why have a multi disc changer for 126K or 3 or 4 Mini's cutting 4 disc's at once. I get it, but we are expierencing the same love for our Mini and would love you to try it because of your passion Mark. So Shane, I think you should have taken a closer look at all the options, but as one of the previous posts suggest, it gets tiring. So Criteria that I think small labs should take is: Open System (DUH),Companies that have been around and are not going away. Service software or hardware. Price ROI. There are many good systems out there, I am just saying, we are one of them.

Mike Melle
Wieland Dental Systems

Hey Mike, good to see you posting your opinions here. This site is really a wealth of knowledge. I'll be in Chicago next month, I already have the scanner and I'm looking into a compact milling unit, hope to see you there.
PS. if you still thinking about retiring here this country has plenty of places to live a King's life.

Top Bottom