ROLAND DWX-50 OUT OF WACK!!!!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
What do you guys and gals actually do to so call "Calibrate" your mills??

I have never needed to calibrate any of my German mills. They just stay in calibration, unless you hit them with a bulldozer or take them apart into pieces.

Can someone slightly explain this process? Same with my Haas. It just doesn't bend or change in anyway. All I do is home it if we cut the power off, but besides that...we have to do nothing. ??

Thanks.

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Steps vs Servo. Positions of motors. Fixture calibration as they are tightened by bolts and temperature change.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The home position changes?? (I can answer that because I had a Roland.....YES)

My mills from Germany are stepper. OK, they are 2000lbs each, but still just Maxon steppers. (Nice motors btw)

Even if a fixture moves slightly, I doubt it would be more than the allowed room for error in the CAM.

You mean, you think the entire fixture moves more than 500um or something??

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Scott the DWX-50 is calibratid via the v-panel, you only need to insert the calibration tool in holder #5. Simple flat end cylinder that measures the certain hole drilled on the fixtures and axis point on the puck holder. Really basic calibration, just how the Compact inlab unit would check the blocks before milling. Nothing crazy.

Big Guy

Big Guy

Reaction score
I have had my DWX50 for over 6 months and have only calibrated it once. We have no chipping ever I am getting 160 - 180 cuts on my 2 small tools and 700 cuts on my diamonds 2 larger tools. We do about 40-50 CAPFZ a week and 50 - 70 wax mills a week. We have had zero problems with our Roland so far.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have had my DWX50 for over 6 months and have only calibrated it once. We have no chipping ever I am getting 160 - 180 cuts on my 2 small tools and 700 cuts on my diamonds 2 larger tools. We do about 40-50 CAPFZ a week and 50 - 70 wax mills a week. We have had zero problems with our Roland so far.

Not bad, it is a great machine, but can easy slip at anytime. I worked our for a 1year and 3months and had few problems. This issues was resolved with a simple Re-calibration.

Top Bottom