For Sale Two Roland DWX-4 wet mills, may or may not work- the Project Mill (or pile o' parts for your own DWX-4) of your dreams is here!

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey all,

We recently bought a big new Ivoclar mill for our emax cases, and these old workhorses don't have a place in the lab any more. dwx4_1.jpgIn the interest of transparency: they were serviced and kept in working order, clear past when Roland stopped offering replacement parts for 'em, until shortly before we stopped using them about 6 months ago. I don't know if they're in working order right now, I know we had problems with the coolant reservoir of one leaking, and the other had problems with the big elastomer gasket thing around the spindle leaking, for which fixes were attempted with epoxy. Parts were also coming out chipped on at least one of the mills and I don't believe we ever fully resolved that. But both mills gave us years of quality production, and we were on the ball on maintenance beyond the issues disclosed.

I figure that, between the two of them, you can piece together one good mill with a set of replacement parts on deck. Alternately, if you're currently running a DWX-4, this is a boatload of good replacement parts that you can't otherwise source any more. AFAIK the spindles have been replaced at least once, not sure about how many hours are on them but we always replaced them as per the manufacturer's recommendations.

Entertaining all offers right now, hopefully someone wants both mills but we'll also rip them apart for cheap spare parts if there aren't any takers. We're located in Canada but will ship to the US if it's worth it to you.

Asking $400 for the pair of them right now; if there's some specific part you want, lemme know and we can negotiate a price.

Last edited:
T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Updated to add price.
A note on shipping- crating up two whole mills to ship internationally is not worth the effort, and shipping would definitely be a lot more than the asking price for the mills, so we'd strongly prefer an in-person pick-up of the machines from our Canada, Ontario, GTA area lab, and cash for it if possible. We can definitely negotiate on the price if you can personally cart the mills away.

Top Bottom