DWX-50 and Millbox - Question about toolset and machine never using smallest bur

P

pabl0

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a DWX50 and use millbox to run it.
When milling single unit zirconia I go through the import file process, select my stock, and finally get to where I'm sending job to the mill. At the end it asks you to check any final options such as finish milling with 0.6mm bur, 3+2 indexed, 5 axis milling, etc... If I ever select any options on that screen (I'm not at the office right now but will update tomorrow with screenshot) Towards the end of the milling job I get an error in VPanel and the milling job isn't completed. If I don't check any of those options, the machine only uses the 2mm and 1mm burs to complete the job, which results in details that are not as fine as they are in the design. What do I need to do to be able to get the program/machine to mill with the smaller burs? Everything is updated on Vpanel and the version of Millbox that I have is from late last year.

Does the tool kit that is selected on the first screen matter? out of the 5 tool sets that I think millbox has, all of them are virtually the same in terms of what burs they include. I've had OSC (I think is what it's called) selected from the beginning as that one has 2mm, 1mm, and 0.6mm as the available burs -as well as the flat calibration pin. All the other options have an extra bur that I don't have so I chose this one.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The general milling strategy your millbox has, might not have those options enabled in your license... me thinks ? Talk with your reseller

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Something sounds funky in your strategy. May be something's ng mislabeled or not implemented. The person best suited to fix this is your cam vendor. If they have any sense at all they can use the error message to figure out the problem.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a DWX50 and use millbox to run it.
When milling single unit zirconia I go through the import file process, select my stock, and finally get to where I'm sending job to the mill. At the end it asks you to check any final options such as finish milling with 0.6mm bur, 3+2 indexed, 5 axis milling, etc... If I ever select any options on that screen (I'm not at the office right now but will update tomorrow with screenshot) Towards the end of the milling job I get an error in VPanel and the milling job isn't completed. If I don't check any of those options, the machine only uses the 2mm and 1mm burs to complete the job, which results in details that are not as fine as they are in the design. What do I need to do to be able to get the program/machine to mill with the smaller burs? Everything is updated on Vpanel and the version of Millbox that I have is from late last year.

Does the tool kit that is selected on the first screen matter? out of the 5 tool sets that I think millbox has, all of them are virtually the same in terms of what burs they include. I've had OSC (I think is what it's called) selected from the beginning as that one has 2mm, 1mm, and 0.6mm as the available burs -as well as the flat calibration pin. All the other options have an extra bur that I don't have so I chose this one.

Any and all help is much appreciated.
I have 2 of them and that was one of the reasons I did not upgrade to the Millbox. I am still using Sum3D and it works nicely . I almost never use the 0.3mm because 0.6 does all you need for details. Over working the machine and the software might not have them included in the strategy or the right order.
Just my opinion.

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
It’s about the quality of the milling you choose, try anatomical crown and the program will chooose the 0.6 mm tool….

Top Bottom