Polishing Gold Crowns

M

mjones0216

Reaction score
I hate bbc! A lot of techs get carried away and wipe out anatomy. I used to love the Renfert blue sapphire stuff. Now I use this white compound, but ill have to get the name of it Monday.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I think the burs are going to help clean up the grooves. I got everything mentioned here and I hope I find success with it.

I didnt realize hp meant hand piece. I was looking for a bur made by hewlett packer.

Also, try using the smallest, very worn carbide you have to further polish the grooves. Run the handpiece in reverse at low speed.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I struggled for years and used many of the same procedures used here. I could get good results but it took forever. I was hired on as a part time waxer metal finisher by an elderly lab tech and he taught me a technique that I have never found another better. You use sharp burs starting with a 4 or 6 and go over the entire occlusal surface in the areas that the bur will reach. Then use the next smaller then the next smaller and so on until you finish the grooves with a 1/2 or 1/4. Do not rubber any of the occlusal surface only the axial walls. Instead of BBC use tripoli with a #12 robinson stiff or extra-stiff brush. Go in the directions of the grooves and work from central sulcus to marginal ridges with a slight bouncing motion at about 5k rpm (works great with a redwing lathe). As with BBC it will cloud at first as the rough areas catch the bbc then as it smooths the stuck tripoli will get clean away. Use a med robinson on the proximal ares and rouge with a buff and you will have a mirror shine with a naturally faceted occlusal surface that sparkles like a diamond. All this takes less than 5 minutes!

B

BarbaraWilfong

Banned
Reaction score
Gold capped teeth usually are forged rare metal and also come in living with regard to over a century. Nevertheless, a rare metal top is not preferred more than ceramic, in terms of esthetics. Relatively, expenses and also outstanding life-like look often offer an advantage for you to ceramic capped teeth.
If you want a recovery, ones dental practice is the best particular person to help you produce the best selection. In all probability, ones dental practice will probably let you know about three methods of back again the teeth. Platinum, a trendy selection, porcelain, probably the most artistic, along with a blend porcelain-fuse-to-metal (PFM) top. Electroplating with proper material will be a proper solution for it.

Top Bottom