pitting in emax press

C

charles007

Reaction score
I'm using an Ivoclar EP5000, PressVest investment, HT e.max ingot, Jelrus Temp-Master M Two Stage Burnout furnace, both furnaces have been calibrated and I followed all of Ivoclar's instructions word for word.

Is this the way it is supposed to look? I'm new to pressing, we just bought the EP5000 a few months ago.

acttittle

This looks like 8g sprues ? how long are your sprues ...? What is your rate of climb using a cold oven with with Ivoclar PressVest... not Speed, correct ?

Charles

ai939.photobucket.com_albums_ad232_wizardspark_IMG_5639.jpg

ai939.photobucket.com_albums_ad232_wizardspark_IMG_5647.jpg

ai939.photobucket.com_albums_ad232_wizardspark_IMG_5649.jpg[/QUOTE]
ai939.photobucket.com_albums_ad232_wizardspark_IMG_5639.jpg ai939.photobucket.com_albums_ad232_wizardspark_IMG_5647.jpg ai939.photobucket.com_albums_ad232_wizardspark_IMG_5649.jpg

Last edited:
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
These are photos of what I pressed yesterday.

I'm using an Ivoclar EP5000, PressVest investment, HT e.max ingot, Jelrus Temp-Master M Two Stage Burnout furnace, both furnaces have been calibrated and I followed all of Ivoclar's instructions word for word.

Is this the way it is supposed to look? I'm new to pressing, we just bought the EP5000 a few months ago.

Before Invex

ai939.photobucket.com_albums_ad232_wizardspark_IMG_5625.jpg

After Invex and blasting. IMG]

Your sprueing needs help.......
Sprues are looking long, 3-4mm length.
Sprue connection to cusp is choking. Attach like upside down funnel.
Attach more over the cusp tip not flat to the outside of cusp.
The molar is flowing back towards the middle of the ring. Wrong.
Get yourself the sprue guide from IVO. It wil help you get wax up
in more ideal position in the ring; up and out.

As for the rough surface, it looks like overheat issue. Get a speed investment.
Just my 10cents.
ai939.photobucket.com_albums_ad232_wizardspark_IMG_5625.jpg

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
ive done the best i could calibrating the burnout....it was a tad hot but not much (20 degrees F or so)
ive calibrated and checked all parameters in the pressing unit. all good
ive checked and double checked the techs use of the investment, and burnout length. all good there too

still getting the same pits/rough surface. ive never seen it this bad.....

that being said, i dont like the investment being used but i cannot change that (at least not yet).

W

Waxenate

Reaction score
Lots of good info here! Thanks guys! Working on all my calibration now. Love this website! Can you imagine what it was like 20 years ago when there was a problem? Lol yeah I remeber that :)

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Debubblizer? Stop using it! It weakens investment. Printed wax (resin),you may need to change your burnout.

Top Bottom