Desktop Health/ETEC Einstein - Vacuum

M

MushMaster

Reaction score
Hi there,

Ran into the issue of vacuum with our Einstein 3D printer. Ran into it before, obvious reason then was inadequate angulation of objects causing too much pull on the material tray membrane. Also between print jobs, I would lift the material tray to remove potential 'air pressure/bubble' differences. However, I have terminated the last two printing attempts because it started to make the 'click noice' again, in other words, the membrane being pulled along with the print plate and away from the 'projector window', after which at some point it lets go and snaps back in place. (Terrible because the entire plate and mechanics 'snap back' when the membrane let's go). I'm sure some of you know what I mean.

I am almost 100% sure it is user error. My suspicion being that I may need to angle the objects more with bigger print jobs (as in multiple objects covering more of the print plate, not necessarily larger objects) as the total printing surface increases? Currently I put a 6 degree angle on them, see what you think about that. Also, am I correct in thinking the accuracy of a given print diminishes the more an object, like an arch or quadrant, is angled? E.g. an arch flat on its base vs angled almost standing up vertically?

Looking forward what your experiences with regard to this vacuum issue ... for DLP 3D printers which the Einstein is.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
Our Asiga used to do that and we just pushed through with the prints. Quite a terrible bang. We were not seeing any issues with the appliances so we just ignored it. I believe it was worse at the first few print layers and then gradually stopped. Eventually we switched to different resins and the issue went away. I think it was a dentca try in resin but I’m not positive.