Origin Medit SE Closed Version

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Without is $21,900 from Axsys click here, not sure from Praxis (please speak up Dan if you see this). Al, you'll get a thousand different opinions on where, what, from who. Just make sure whatever you get, that you go to the training, do the implant training, and that the support is rock solid!!! There is some good ones that sponsor here, and the two I've mentioned above are great as well.

Praxis isn't a sponsor as yet but they have been encouraged to do so....Mod:cool:

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
You can respond to posts but not in a way which directs traffic to their site. Pricing, models, delivery times etc. Only fair for sponsors of the site. Sponsors have been encouraged to post in the sponsors forum at will; and for specifics regarding their merchandise, that's all.

Tad Philip

Tad Philip

Reaction score
First of all Exocad is not very good. As far as Medit scanners ask Charles about all the troubles he's had. B&D also had 3 Shape taken away from them. I tried the new Intelligence S scanner, it was very good. Was not a fan of Exocad. Being a 3 shape user. I don't have tons of extra time to train with Exo to get simple designs to look as good 3 Shape 2014 Premium software. Everyone want the cheaper systems, I ordered a new D800 with all the add-ons, I couldn't be happier & producing excellent restorations with speed ;)Beer

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I'll have exocad back in my lab next week. I'll post how it does compared to 3shape. It would be wild if exocad could natively use DCM files........ Oh wait........;)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I'll have exocad back in my lab next week. I'll post how it does compared to 3shape. It would be wild if exocad could natively use DCM files........ Oh wait........;)
So what are you doing? Scanning with 3shape, designing with exocad?
If so, explain the why to your plans eh.
I was just thinking this morning I wanted to hear your thoughts after having been a big exocad guy to buying 3shape a year ago. We need a specific thread dedicated to the Jason Nicely breakdown of the two systems!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Why are you going back to Exocad?...and what type of scanner?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I'm working on a particular type of workflow with some oral surgeons. Exocad gives me the freedom to do some really neat stuff with intra oral scan data. I'll have to explain more when I have a little more time;)

labman01

labman01

Reaction score
First of all Exocad is not very good. As far as Medit scanners ask Charles about all the troubles he's had. B&D also had 3 Shape taken away from them. I tried the new Intelligence S scanner, it was very good. Was not a fan of Exocad. Being a 3 shape user. I don't have tons of extra time to train with Exo to get simple designs to look as good 3 Shape 2014 Premium software. Everyone want the cheaper systems, I ordered a new D800 with all the add-ons, I couldn't be happier & producing excellent restorations with speed ;)Beer

So you're opinion is based on someone elses experience? First of all you don't know what you're trashing about.

Doug4DAL

Doug4DAL

Reaction score
>> shockingly good results using Itero to Exocad modeless crowns. I would have never thought possible 5 years ago.

C

charles007

Reaction score
So you're opinion is based on someone elses experience? First of all you don't know what you're trashing about.
Labman 01, Tad's experience with Exocad is not based on my opinion at all. :) Tad was using 3shape for years and needed a new scanner since his older 3shape needed repairs and he was to upgrade to a newer model or buy Exocad. Like many Exocad buyers he liked the idea of thinking you aren't required to pay every year for updates like his 3shape. Tad bought the new Origin scanner and spent 2 days training at B&D and liked their scanner but didn't like Exocad. On his flight back home from training he wondered if he could get a refund since he thought he made a BIG mistake. B&D did give a refund.
Fortunately Tad made the right decision just weeks ago with the problems we just learned concerning B&D and Exocad...
labman, I call this a very happy ending story based strictly on cad experience. If this had been Tad's first scanner purchase :arghh:

There are die hard Exocad lovers here, and 3shape lovers, the 2 will never agree about anything. Ciao

Last edited:
Top Bottom