Anybody have a closed version of the B&D ORIGIN Scanner out there???

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to connect with anyone or everyone that have the closed version of the Origin scanner from B&D. If you have this scanner will you contact me privately, I'd like to discuss some things with you. TY

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
I'm looking to connect with anyone or everyone that have the closed version of the Origin scanner from B&D. If you have this scanner will you contact me privately, I'd like to discuss some things with you. TY
Rob,

Dump the system ASAP and get an open system. Per unit price is too high, Shades are awful and lots of finish work needed around the margins from their mills.

There are several outsource suppliers using better mills, better shading and lower per unit prices.

Several suppliers are delivering crowns with the margins milled exactly on the exterior finish that require no to very little finish work.

Ken

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Rob, you still need help getting that scanner working?

Have you popped the cover off yet?

Maybe USB plug is damaged on the rear?

There is another port inside to try I think?

You checked fuses and other simple things I guess??

B&D scanners can be made open by submitting written letter to a Medit reseller stating scanner is paid for and relationship with B&D is finished, and then adding an open version of exocad (new Dongle)

Scott

Darby Hawkes

Darby Hawkes

Reaction score
Rob,

Dump the system ASAP and get an open system. Per unit price is too high, Shades are awful and lots of finish work needed around the margins from their mills.

There are several outsource suppliers using better mills, better shading and lower per unit prices.

Several suppliers are delivering crowns with the margins milled exactly on the exterior finish that require no to very little finish work.

Ken
We are currently using the B&D closed system but, have been considering going to open. We have experienced similar margin and rough milling issues as well. Who are you using for a better less expensive product. What is your better price per unit?

Darby Hawkes

Darby Hawkes

Reaction score
Rob, you still need help getting that scanner working?

Have you popped the cover off yet?

Maybe USB plug is damaged on the rear?

There is another port inside to try I think?

You checked fuses and other simple things I guess??

B&D scanners can be made open by submitting written letter to a Medit reseller stating scanner is paid for and relationship with B&D is finished, and then adding an open version of exocad (new Dongle)

Scott
Can you tell me more about opening our closed system? Does the letter you spoke of go to B&D or someone else?

C

charles007

Reaction score
We are currently using the B&D closed system but, have been considering going to open. We have experienced similar margin and rough milling issues as well. Who are you using for a better less expensive product. What is your better price per unit?
Still using their milling lab... Rocks of luck !
Which closed scanner did you buy, SE Medit/Identico they no longer sell, or the newer Origin scanner they sell now ?
Call me if you can get my tel # lol You can't pm yet with only 2 messages ! .....I will share what I learned about both scanners if interested in Opening up..
Charles

Darby Hawkes

Darby Hawkes

Reaction score
Still using their milling lab... Rocks of luck !
Which closed scanner did you buy, SE Medit/Identico they no longer sell, or the newer Origin scanner they sell now ?
Call me if you can get my tel # lol You can't pm yet with only 2 messages ! .....I will share what I learned about both scanners if interested in Opening up..
Charles
Origin Intelligence, (Medit SE),the one they no longer sell. Let me know your # and we can talk.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Darby, get in touch with Travis the owner of DLN so I can get your tel #
If I posted my tel # I would be flooded with calls from hot chicks Laugh
Here you go !
1. What is the Cost to Open up your scanner ? that means you would get the new B&D scanner for $$ as a trade-in which is more accurate, faster scanning and larger area for models/articulator.
2. Sell you Closed scanner for cheap and run lol
3. If the cost to Open and get the new B&D scanner is unreasonable , Zubler's scanner aprox 16k with faster scanning, more accurate than your Medit SE scanner that I also own... !!
4. I gave up with B&D milling after 3 months of crappy milled crowns, and now its years later and they still have the same problems. Hmmmm2
5. GET AN OPEN SCANNER AND BE HAPPY Beer

Top Bottom