Origin Intelligence

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Any news on how your getting in with the Scanner Rob? and maybe a nice video??

can anyone comment on how easy is it to import STL into 3shape now and the cost?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Im sure Rob has got it down but as a newbie, I designed 5 full contour posteriors in about 2 hours. That was with 2 units side by side on one case. That included scanning Max, Mand, Die and articulated models. I was playing around and showing my other Techs how it worked etc and forgot to select the right antagonist method and had to start over a few times. Pretty quick for all that after a 30 minute how to from their tech. Scans faster than I thought and captures difficult details. So far the design software is intuitive and quick. I ,like Rob, will give a better review after I run a lot more situations through it. I do want to make a video of how it scans. I looked for a long time to try and find one and never could. Has a putty base similar to Sirona that you stick the model too. Very quick. There is also a big update coming in the next two weeks that adds impression scanning, virtual articulation and implant designs. The only thing I do not like right now is in the beginning when you enter the info. You choose Doctor, patient, Design Technician, shade, restoration type, select teeth to be scanned and their purpose, all very quick and easy. The problem I have is it chooses putty antagonist by default. You can not change this until after you have entered in all the info. That selection is back midway up the page. I keep forgetting to go back and select jaw something or another, to use the model for an antagonist instead of a putty matrix. You have to go back and start over if you miss this selection. I have tried to change the default to model but can't seem to do it. I will update if I see that you can.

Last edited:
Top Bottom