New Haas Metal-Mill today?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
so why no zirconia? and how does it save 50 to 100,000 dollars? could this mill come ready to mill crowns?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I guess it could do Zirconia, but would need some air-management parts and shields/vents and puffer system added.

No problem. I did this to my KaVo a while back. There are cheaper options for dry-milling of Zirconia. But, if this was your only option then of course you can do it.

Glidewell did first I think years ago with a 4-axis version.

Show me the cost of a similar mill. Close to same speeds and specs. It will be much more than the Hass, if you live in USA. Foreign stuff and Euro stuff is going to be more due to shipping, parts and service contracts, and exchange rates. Haas is the number #1 seller of all size CNC mills in North and South America for years and years. Excellent value. The smallest is the Office Mill, and it is a newer model in the Haas line-up. Kinda a new little animal? It is the only one you may have a chance of rolling it into a doorway. All others require a BIG door.

I hope to sell these ready to run. 4 or 5 axis.....wet or dry I guess? But they are only sold as wet from Haas, and you cannot omit those parts.

Fixtures to support your choice of materials. Always options. Only with SUM3d CAM... software is the only non-option.

Last edited:
ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
That looks so awesome, I love all your toys... One lucky dude ;) T

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
This looks sweet Scott , congrats !!!!

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
It takes years to learn just a little amount...congrats Scott... you have your first customer in line....

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I was trying to say it took me years of playing around to have the confidence to order this mill and the pieces to make it happen.

Took longer than I wanted.

That is all.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Auto-lube system for bearing-blocks on the rails and the ball-screws.

Nice feature. Helps with longevity of mill. DMG, Roders, and Micron have similar set-ups.

I think most B&D mills have the grease fittings blocked off for some reason on the bearing-blocks. You can unscrew the plugand add Zerk fitting to grease. I have to manually find, and grease 15 fittings on my Lava mills, and same for the KaVo. No Auto-lube system, but does have basic fittings.

This mill has an internal spider-web of pipes to deliver the oil into the moving parts, and pump and electronics to run it.

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0926.jpg

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0927.jpg
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0926.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0927.jpg

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Mobil? supporting big oil? couldnt find a hybrid?:cool:

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Six 30amp Servo Drivers...transformers and power supply, computer and other gizmos......

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0931.jpg
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0931.jpg

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Man it's a good thing you don't have to pay a power bill, lucky! Our power bill was 2300 last month.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
And here I was bitching about a measly $1250 to Edison.

I know for me its the Air conditioner that is running non stop, everything else I am pretty efficient on. I have tried to run all my major pieces of equipment on 220 for efficiency. The cost of the lights were the next biggest investment all CFL, has saved me a ton.

Last edited:
ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Ours is millers running at night, a 15hp central suction that runs 24/7 and 3 ac units that can't keep up with the Bama heat.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Renishaw receiver mounted in chamber today.
Also playing around with the probing system and going through the manuals.
I got the TR-110 rotarys today in a big box on a pallet.
It has hydraulic brake-boosters on both axis, and is servo-motor driven.
(Some assembly required....LOL)

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0935.jpg

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0934.jpg

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0933.jpg
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0935.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0934.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0933.jpg

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Is that the model that also does the choc/vanilla swirl? haha After seeing all those pics I feel like my freeking heads going to explode!! I'm glad I'm just a simple lab tec with some very easy toys to play with. Have to keep us posted with how the mills are going, after I learn how to design bars I'll just have to send ya one.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Made in the U.K. Probing System.

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0939.jpg

british%20flag%202012%20better_0.jpg

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0939.jpg

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Lol I'm thinking about getting one wanna come install mine also. Looks great can't wait to see what it produces.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Let me see if I can get this running in "Dental" specs or not first.

This is the part I really want to learn to do.

I mean, to be able to square-up the mill. Including shimming the spindle and mounting the trunnion and using dial indicator to get all axis zero'd in. Then compensate for faults in software, either in the CAM and/or the CNC Controller at the mill. It is never perfect, and if you look hard enough, you will find out of square and tilted surfaces etc.

I need to learn the correct way to measure and in what order. Then, how to approach the problem and fix physically or in software.

Then, to find the fixture coordinates in space (X,Y,Z)...and the center of workpiece coordinates (X,Y,Z) to use in the CAM programming, etc, etc....

How to write a program to calibrate the tool diameter and Z legnth by using the renishaw probe, and adjust the G-code at the mill. The sensor is mounted by me and mill has no idea where it is yet, or how high or nuthin!

This will take time and I need help and trial and error. (Mark....close your eyes!)

Scott

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
They are good at probing in the UK, huh?

Top Bottom