My new, new scanner....

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Bernard is a very bright guy. I'm not sure how he came to this conclusion. But, I can tell you from experience that 3Shape is definitely accurate enough to produce great fitting bars.

How did you measure Bob? Why don't you submit your findings to ??

I did not know you were skilled at Metrology? I learn something new everyday.

Very cool that you have the ability to say this with such gusto.

You must be very certian about your statement.

Why don't you tell 3shape to send a scanner to Germany for some proper testing?

That would be interesting, for sure!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Scott, not that it is the main concern of that scanner, but how are the scan speeds when compared to the medit scanners?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I think I will bring it to Chicago.

You can see for yourself, or stop by my facility One day?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Scott, you are good at what you do and I respect your opinions and views but when it comes to 3Shape, they are quality scanners and are accurate enough to do the job beyond expectations. We have done bars and we even do digital partials, it is a great system but when it comes to the 3Shape topic you sound like Disturbed talking about Zirconia and how sh!tty it is.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You and Bob are the ones pulling info out from your a55. (Completly guessing and just making up stuff)

Not me. I have data and Industry leaders that disagree with you. Not just making up stuff.

If you can't handle the truth, then don't read my posts.

If you have some solid data/info...then post it up!

You asked about Nobel, I gave you the answer.

The "expert" who started their program has left Tyler. He would NOT accept your 3shape design for a bar.

You are welcome to contact him and ask these questions. Show me the results from proper testing for the 3shape.

You and Bob are NOT qualified to make any statements about a scanner's accuracy. UNDERSTAND?

Um-K?

Now ask yourself... "who is the One that is sounding like hard-headed Disturbed? Me, or you?"

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Is anybody there that has any experience with imetric scanners ? Are they accurate enough ?

iMetric is one of the most accurate scanners you can buy, and very heavy, no plastic parts. Ask Horst the owner of iMetric what he thinks about Medit and 3shape scanners being used for implant and bars:rolleyes:. This was pre 800 series. Want his email address, pm me..

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
It is a nice scanner, but only a crappy 800x600 pixel projector Charles. (Cheap)

The newer SE Medit is higher resolution projector, for your information. (and even the previous unit was still better)

Take that resolution projector, and divide by the scanning window size and see what data point distance you come up with.

It is around 200um spacing of data points. Kinda sucky IMO. OK, so those data points are accurate, but sparse with much void in between

I know Daryll Arok, the iMetric tech. He has been to my lab when he worked for AXP Dental with Axel.

Axel went back to Germany, and I have never heard from again? Anyone know where he is??

My new Steinbchler has around 24um data point spacing, just to compare with greater accuracy then the iMetric.

This is not my opinion, but a fact.

Last edited:
shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
You and Bob are the ones pulling info out from your a55. (Completly guessing and just making up stuff)

Not me. I have data and Industry leaders that disagree with you. Not just making up stuff.

If you can't handle the truth, then don't read my posts.

If you have some solid data/info...then post it up!

You asked about Nobel, I gave you the answer.

The "expert" who started their program has left Tyler. He would NOT accept your 3shape design for a bar.

You are welcome to contact him and ask these questions. Show me the results from proper testing for the 3shape.

You and Bob are NOT qualified to make any statements about a scanner's accuracy. UNDERSTAND?

Um-K?

Now ask yourself... "who is the One that is sounding like hard-headed Disturbed? Me, or you?"

I'll go ahead and jump into the lions den here, and say you. Read Tylers post. He isn't talking $hit about any scanner or your opinion. He actually says how he values your opinion and gives you a complament. Where does all this hostility and anger come from? Bob nor Tyler in anyway said anything about you or this scanner, just gave THEIR opinion on how they do it.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
woe is the day that we measure size of e-peens by talking about getting the smallest measurement.

:)

Good, bad, sh1t, Godly - who cares? only our customers. As far as I'm aware both of you folks make good money, so let's tuck it back in and enjoy our hump day.

besides it's Ash Wednesday?

C

charles007

Reaction score
It is a nice scanner, but only a crappy 800x600 pixel projector Charles. (Cheap)

The newer SE Medit is higher resolution projector, for your information. (and even the previous unit was still better)

Take that resolution projector, and divide by the scanning window size and see what data point distance you come up with.

It is around 200um spacing of data points. Kinda sucky IMO. OK, so those data points are accurate, but sparse with much void in between

I know Daryll Arok, the iMetric tech. He has been to my lab when he worked for AXP Dental with Axel.

Axel went back to Germany, and I have never heard from again? Anyone know where he is??

My new Steinbchler has around 24um data point spacing, just to compare with greater accuracy then the iMetric and pleased.

This is not my opinion, but a fact.

Scott, I'm not familar with the newest models of imetric ? are you talking older-newer models, have they changed ?

Last edited:
Y

Yellowstone

Reaction score
Old Model Video Link:

Last edited by a moderator:
ayane

ayane

Hero of Time
Reaction score
Bernard is a very bright guy. I'm not sure how he came to this conclusion. But, I can tell you from experience that 3Shape is definitely accurate enough to produce great fitting bars.

What are you guys using to determine bar fitment, models?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and jump into the lions den here, and say you. Read Tylers post. He isn't talking $hit about any scanner or your opinion. He actually says how he values your opinion and gives you a complament. Where does all this hostility and anger come from? Bob nor Tyler in anyway said anything about you or this scanner, just gave THEIR opinion on how they do it.

He said I sounded like the member, "Disturbed". You think that is a compliment huh? I don't.
I am very far from Scott. (his real name)

My thoughts and statement about scanners are nothing like him trashing Zirconia.

Did I really just have to explain that to you Shane? LOL

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
woe is the day that we measure size of e-peens by talking about getting the smallest measurement.

:)

Good, bad, sh1t, Godly - who cares? only our customers. As far as I'm aware both of you folks make good money, so let's tuck it back in and enjoy our hump day.

besides it's Ash Wednesday?

Who cares? WHO CARES!!

Why, only the FDA and ADA when you are ready to get your implant system blessed by them. That's all. :p

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Video Link:

That is older 32-bit version of what I bought. Different everything!

Camera, projector, software, articulated arm is different.

Same colors. That's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Digitaldentist

Digitaldentist

Reaction score
This is the "King of the Hill", as far as scanners are concerned.
The fully open Steinbichler Comet Xs (AKA Scan ST)
<5um accuracy, as proven by German testing.
Comes with 64-bit scanning software.

Scanners are around $30k and add $5k for exocad. (Computer not included at that price)

Not To cast a shadow on your new line, but this seems like a good place to mention we're debuting OUR new scanner at the Chicago Mid Winter.
(Pictures to follow shortly)

$30K for a scanner is outrageous, especially without CAD.

Also, Scott, I realize I'm pretty new here, but you have some nerve talking to the folks who are your prospective customers that way, my friend.

We've known the guys over at Parkway for quite some time now, and I happen to have a great deal of respect for their knowledge and experience in the field.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Mill will be in another Thread. This is a scanner thread.

Good for you. (DigitalDentist)

I personally know Tyler (my customer) and have been there a couple times myself helping him out with technology.

Mind your own business, eh?

I bought this scanner to make bars.

$30k is a cheap price for the scanner. It was $65k last year.

You probably have no idea what is a good or bad scanner.

Good luck with your adventure and go start your own thread. :D

I am proud to offer the best scanners for the cost. (Medit and Steinbichler) And yes, it is expensive.

What type of sh1t-box are you going to try and sell?

Last edited:
shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
He said I sounded like the member, "Disturbed". You think that is a compliment huh? I don't.
I am very far from Scott. (his real name)

My thoughts and statement about scanners are nothing like him trashing Zirconia.

Did I really just have to explain that to you Shane? LOL

you most definitly did not!!haha
very tru on his trashing zr, and you're thoughts on scanners. at least you give facts and data to go with a 'rant'
maybe that part of his statement wasn't a compliment, but the other stuff was. you bringing that thing to Chicago? might have to swoop by your booth.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
It’s just a pissing contest, but unfortunately the contestants never seem to run out of piss.

John McCarthy 1991

Top Bottom