My new, new scanner....

ayane

ayane

Hero of Time
Reaction score
Lots of talk about scanner accuracy but no talk about process accuracy (obviously since this was a thread originally about a scanner but since it's been derailed...). At the end of the day the scan is only a small part of a complex process in which each step must be taken and part consistency and measurement uncertainty analyzed.

Unless you own a CMM and Part-to-CAD inspection software and employ at least a qualified process engineer to handle the comparison, I don't think you are qualified to make an educated and professional assessment on the fit a scanner generates while comparing it to another.

"Good enough" is never enough.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"Here is a quick pic of our sample bar done on 3Shape D700"

i thought 3shape didnt rate the D700 for bars them selves, thats why they introduced the D800.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score

i thought 3shape didnt rate the D700 for bars them selves, thats why they introduced the D800.

this is true:

"When accuracy matters - D800 scanner
with 5MP
Implant bars and bridges demand an
accuracy level that only few scanners
can deliver. Labs all over the world are
using 3Shape’s D800/D810 scanners
to produce implant bars and bridges of
extraordinary quality. Use scan flags to
accurately capture implant positions and
orientations for a perfect passive fit of
the bridge or bar when seated."

P

paulg100

Reaction score
still need to take that with a pinch of salt.

the last dental show i attended, i got a demo of the TRIOS at the 3shape stand. The rep was trying to tell me the data from it was accurate enough for bars, at 20+um.

But then in their own words you need the D800 at 15um for bars (which i knew at the time, just couldnt be bothered to call the reps bluff)

These companies cant even lie consistently about their own products.

All aboard the cad/scam bull**** train.

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I'm just curious about 2mp to 5mp camera accuracy? Your cramming more info on a sensor. Wouldn't a lower MP higher quality camera be more accurate? Just like super high MP cameras, may be less pixelated when blown up to poster board size, but is it as "accurate" dimensionally, as the lower MP cameras?

B

brgo

Reaction score
Hey Primus can you scan impressions with it aswell.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score

This absolutely true Paul, we acquired a D800 to do them on but I am just saying it was done a D700 and to me it fit great with no issues. I would not hesitate to put that bar in a patients mouth because it fit perfect!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Before everyone gets me twisted on this thread.. Ill leave by saying, that I think *** is right that this is probly the best scanner out there for the accuracy, and I think the price is great. I wouldnt buy a 3shape again if I had the choice, I just got a great price on mine.. Dont want anyone to think Im trashing the steiny-b.. its just the behavior and misinformation that bothers me.

Top Bottom