Multi Unit Abutments with 3shape

G

GeneNY

Reaction score
hello group:
can any body suggest a company in the states that has scan flags ,tie basis, and a library for multi unit abutments that will work with the 2.9.9.5 or 2015 version of 3shape .
I have cases piling up and just been locked out from my current distributor of parts.
Thanks in advance to all

T

Taylor Stutz

Reaction score
hello group:
can any body suggest a company in the states that has scan flags ,tie basis, and a library for multi unit abutments that will work with the 2.9.9.5 or 2015 version of 3shape .
I have cases piling up and just been locked out from my current distributor of parts.
Thanks in advance to all
Is there anyway i could get you to explain your process of creating one of those cases?
I have some nobel multi unit Ti anchors on their way. Do i need to have those placed over the abutments that are already placed within the stone model, and mouth? Or does the scan body tell the software where the anchor would essentially go, and it will mill that spot for the anchor to slip in, maybe with a sleeve? Im not fully competent on what is supposed to be the actual connection.

G

GeneNY

Reaction score
scan body tells the software. Assuming you have the library. did you verify your model with a jig?

G

GeneNY

Reaction score
Better make sure. Otherwise it could get very costly

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Meanwhile you find a solution you could also outsource if needed.
Call me if you need assistance.

Best

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
The process for scanning a multiunit is as follows-
1. Multiunit analogs are in model
2. Scan jig/scan body for multiunit is placed/screwed onto multiunit analog and scanned (scanner needs to be Exocad, Dental Wings, or 3shape)
3. Scan jig/body appears in software in model and converts to multiunit ti base which then enables you to design a PMMA or zirconia structure ontop of the multiunit tibase that is after milled cemented onto it.

This assumes-
1. that nobel makes a multiunit ti base that you can purchase...if not this is what my company offers part 15.007 and scan body is part 50.007 at www.dess-usa.com and if they do then the process should be the same

What scanner do you have and what software do you run?

T

Taylor Stutz

Reaction score
The process for scanning a multiunit is as follows-
1. Multiunit analogs are in model
2. Scan jig/scan body for multiunit is placed/screwed onto multiunit analog and scanned (scanner needs to be Exocad, Dental Wings, or 3shape)
3. Scan jig/body appears in software in model and converts to multiunit ti base which then enables you to design a PMMA or zirconia structure ontop of the multiunit tibase that is after milled cemented onto it.

This assumes-
1. that nobel makes a multiunit ti base that you can purchase...if not this is what my company offers part 15.007 and scan body is part 50.007 at www.dess-usa.com and if they do then the process should be the same

What scanner do you have and what software do you run?
Thank you so much! I will definitely be doing more now that ive got it figured out. We have a handful of different brand scanners, but i use the 3Shape.

L

labtek

Reaction score
INVISALIGN Question:
Does anyone know the current pricing for invisalign cases? What are the usual pricing for the dentist for a treatment

Top Bottom