3Shape 2015 (15.5.0) Issues

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
We recently got new 3Shape server hardware, and moved from 2014 v. 2.9.9.5 to 2015 v. 15.5.0 at the same time. Our setup has a server with the main installation, 5 design stations (set up as network clients) and 2 scan stations with D900's.

We've had some issues with ScanItDental mucking up articulation and occasionally losing the opposing arch. It doesn't seem to be able to go back into a scan to rescan something (like a die) if needed, without messing something else up along the way. It also closes itself after each scan and forces a login screen when starting a new scan. Going through this 60-120 times a day feels kind of pointless. Is there a way to choose 2015 version of ScanItRestoration over ScanItDental? Would it resolve anything, or are the issues rooted deeper in how scan software interacts with dental manager and its database?

We also had an issue with Nobel's UniBase cases being unable to save to STL, with error "Manufacturing output could not be created: Could not load model, site option is required". Does anyone know what triggers this error and how to get rid of it? Our reseller support told us it's not uncommon, and suggested changing the smile library to a different one would solve it but that didn't work.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
What's new? Should have read some of the posts here before moving to 2015 and the

muddy workflow that some customers are having to work around to make their systems

work properly. Should have stayed on 2.9.9.5 until they force everyone to update. Too

many bugs and issues with 2015 in my opinion. Why release a product that doesn't work

properly?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What's new? Should have read some of the posts here before moving to 2015 and the

muddy workflow that some customers are having to work around to make their systems

work properly. Should have stayed on 2.9.9.5 until they force everyone to update. Too

many bugs and issues with 2015 in my opinion. Why release a product that doesn't work

properly?
Cuz that's what global CAD software leaders do.:rolleyes:

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
They seem to focus on their security and restrictions rather than working out the bugs...o_O

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You guys keep this up and I'll get the owner to write you a nasty letter!

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I hear bugs will be elimminated by 2030...:D Can't wait...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
images

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Welcome to the family.........LOL

You should of read most of my posts and stayed clear of 2015 period until it was rock solid.

2015.5.0 is much more stable the 2015.3.1 by far, been in production with 2015 from 2015.0.0 and seen it change for the better but you my friend should simply revert back to 2014 2.9.9.5 and stay there until all bugs are fixed.

Or simply create a new single pc station with 2015 on it and see what the bugs are before you shipped your entire fleet of battle ships over. lol This way you never put production down.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I hear bugs will be elimminated by 2030...:D Can't wait...

They'll be sold before then. One of the market giants will want in on the profit

margins and scoop them up. It'll be 2030 and be running on the finally tested

and vetted 2015 software.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Welcome to the family.........LOL lol This way you never put production down.
I hear they are going to put some of the software engineers down for poor performance.