Biohorizones Multi-unit design in Exocad

S

shamim1982

Reaction score
Hello techs,
I hope you're safe out there.

Recently I'm working with a client that uses Biohorizons only.
We came across of custom abutments (we mill the blank),Ti base working with third party companies like DESS and TRU, no problem. (Zimmer compatible)
The problem start when I got to deal with size 3.0mm platform and looks like DESS and TRU have no solution for it.
Again I use only exocad and i'm not a 3shape guy.

An example, I had a case with 4 implants #5-11 (2x 4.5mm, 1x 3.5mm, 1x 3.0mm) 7units bridge and of course I had to correct the angles.
Since these 2 companies don't support 3.0mm scan body and abutments then I had no choice to purchase Passive Fit Coping, Multi-unit Item #: PXMUPFC
" https://usstore.biohorizons.com/passive-fit-coping-multi-unit " and using Biohorizons angled multi-unit abutment, assemble all the components on the model and scan the case like screw retained (manual positioning).
It was quick and easy, but I prefer more accuracy.

Do you have any better solution instead of scanning the case for manual positioning for something else using the scan body?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
H

Hrvoje

Reaction score
Hello techs,
I hope you're safe out there.

Recently I'm working with a client that uses Biohorizons only.
We came across of custom abutments (we mill the blank),Ti base working with third party companies like DESS and TRU, no problem. (Zimmer compatible)
The problem start when I got to deal with size 3.0mm platform and looks like DESS and TRU have no solution for it.
Again I use only exocad and i'm not a 3shape guy.

An example, I had a case with 4 implants #5-11 (2x 4.5mm, 1x 3.5mm, 1x 3.0mm) 7units bridge and of course I had to correct the angles.
Since these 2 companies don't support 3.0mm scan body and abutments then I had no choice to purchase Passive Fit Coping, Multi-unit Item #: PXMUPFC
" https://usstore.biohorizons.com/passive-fit-coping-multi-unit " and using Biohorizons angled multi-unit abutment, assemble all the components on the model and scan the case like screw retained (manual positioning).
It was quick and easy, but I prefer more accuracy.

Do you have any better solution instead of scanning the case for manual positioning for something else using the scan body?
Thanks in advance.
Hi shamim1982,

you can download Implant Editor from the Exocad site and combine existing libraries or make a custom library with a multi-unit direct fit or with ti-base for multi-unit connection. For example, you can edit one library so that it has scan body from another company. But be careful to respect the relative z coordinates of the parts. Use at your own risk, but few test runs should make you ready to go.

Cheers!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi shamim1982,

you can download Implant Editor from the Exocad site and combine existing libraries or make a custom library with a multi-unit direct fit or with ti-base for multi-unit connection. For example, you can edit one library so that it has scan body from another company. But be careful to respect the relative z coordinates of the parts. Use at your own risk, but few test runs should make you ready to go.

Cheers!
You certainly *can*, but its not exactly legal everywhere. The US for example.

It's also a bit of a slough and needs some moderate perseverance.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Arum offers a Biohorizons blank that is the same holder as Dess, we have one customer who used this in the past, i should call him and find out what happened with that case.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
ok, i got feedback about it and his workflow seems to be holding up; Arum library in Exocad, Arum Hyperdent library with our templates, he's milled 5/5 of the 3.0 BH premills without fit or angle issues so far.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
but i recognize that this is a 3rd party solution to the problem and not using official parts.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
You certainly *can*, but its not exactly legal everywhere. The US for example.

It's also a bit of a slough and needs some moderate perseverance.
the implant editor software can't be downloaded from the exocad site *unless you are an exocad partner*