KaVo Everest Open or Closed

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
We had the guys round from Go2Cam for two days last week showing me what there software can do for and to the Everest system.

I have had my system for seven years now and have heard so many stories about company's being able to open the system up and make it mill anything and also the poor guys who fall for the sales pich and are left with a system working even worse after these muppets have left. So how did Go2Cam get on, We only have a trial version for 4 weeks, it took them about 20min to install the postprocessor onto the Everest and about an hour to install the tool path software. IS IT ANY GOOD!
IT IS FANTASTIC, we are still running tests but so far it has blown me away. True 5 axis on disks, autonesting, different sintering protection designs, New burs, 600+ units from a set not 70 as is now, Milled an implant bar no problem at all down to fixture level, Even milled a skeletal design and the end result was polished. Need to do more testing on it but I am going to play with Zr abutments this week as well as peek partials (became a Juvora certified partner last week as well),You need a good graphics card for the tool path calculations but so far this has blown every other "yeh we can control the Everest " company out of the water and believe me I have had them all in and not one could prove to me that there software could even talk to the Everest, let alone work. Will post pics as I get a chance but Go2Cam for Everest is unbelievably good.

Last edited:
B

brgo

Reaction score
I would be very interested in this software could you send me some contact details for Go2Cam.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
sweeeet! and now the most important detail.. price?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Finds Margin on import, or you have to manually select/find?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Finds Margin on import, or you have to manually select/find?

Yes it finds the margin but its a bit like Exo in that it does not always see what you do. I have done some screen videos so will try to upload them to here or to Youtube. Not too sure of the price yet
it lools like the basic is 15k with added moduels. But it uses the laser calibration so thats one less pain.

G

Gismo

Reaction score
Nice to hear you did not give up and gone this way. Waiting for further details.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yes it finds the margin but its a bit like Exo in that it does not always see what you do.

You lost me there, I have no idea what you are talking about?

You mean you have to manually correct the margin often, or re-draw it all together?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score

You mean you have to manually correct the margin often, or re-draw it all together?
Yes it finds the margin, but it can go off course and then you have the option to correct it or if you want you can re-draw it, We have the same issue with Exo, sometimes it finds the margin first time and other times we have to correct it or if its a really nasty prep then re-draw it

joe.s

joe.s

NO-I'm NOT that beautiful
Reaction score

It finds the margin automatically and it is quite good at it - but in those rare instances it's confused you can quickly correct it or redraw it.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
what about for Shoulder bevel margins? I have yet to find software that does this well.

No biggie to re-draw, but it would be nice

joe.s

joe.s

NO-I'm NOT that beautiful
Reaction score
Yes it finds the margin, but it can go off course and then you have the option to correct it or if you want you can re-draw it, We have the same issue with Exo, sometimes it finds the margin first time and other times we have to correct it or if its a really nasty prep then re-draw it

With exocad the idea is to put the first dot at the most difficult area of the margin
and after exocad gives you automatic margin proposal and is not right in another area just put the 2nd dot there and press start button and it will redraw it.
This way is quicker then going in to Correct/Draw tab and dragging the points manually :)

Last edited:
EGE

EGE

Reaction score
GO2dental opens STL files. STL files contain just triangles in space describing a shape. When opening a STL file, the user has to indicate if it is a Coping/crown and GO2dental will re-create a Margin Line and look for the best machining angle for the cavities. Different treatment will be applied to implant bridges, PRD, abutments, overpress... If there is not sharp edge on the STL file, then the Margin line may not be perfect. The user needs to manually modify the margin line. Some CAD export both STL and also the margin line. In this case, the margin line is not re-created in GO2dental and we skip this step.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You CAM is integrated with exocad I see? It must use the "ConstructionInfo" file, huh?

That is nice feature. Faster import and more accurate.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hi EGE, Still loving the software, We have made it mill partial denture frames, skeletal frames, models and one of the guys in the lab is getting married so we have downloaded some wedding rings to mill in wax and are milling a few demo Zr abutments, Oh yes we are milling some clear full lower jaw models for implant show jobs. So far it mill what ever we ask it to. Really nice software and the surface is just sooo smooth. Looking into milling green metal, but have been told the shrinkage is about 11%, We cant set it that low yet but could /will it be introduced into the software later? But EDG the software so far is fantastic. Pete

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Poke around in the software xml or ?? and find the allowed range of expansion of element/object.

Should be easy to change, No?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Thanks Scott, will give it a go. Being given silly prices for argon furnace. You playing with this yet? Have been told it's patented tech and cant be reproduced! Not convinced lol

EGE

EGE

Reaction score
Hi EGE, Still loving the software, We have made it mill partial denture frames, skeletal frames, models and one of the guys in the lab is getting married so we have downloaded some wedding rings to mill in wax and are milling a few demo Zr abutments, Oh yes we are milling some clear full lower jaw models for implant show jobs. So far it mill what ever we ask it to. Really nice software and the surface is just sooo smooth. Looking into milling green metal, but have been told the shrinkage is about 11%, We cant set it that low yet but could /will it be introduced into the software later? But EDG the software so far is fantastic. Pete

Yes you can use green metal and set you desired shinkage.
post some picts of the parts you have made...then I would understand what is a "clear full lower jaw models for implant show jobs".:confused:

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Can you post a pic of a partial denture frame after the mill is completed milling... i prefer to see it with the sprues in place... i'm intrigued. Thanks Pete!

T

tdsa

Reaction score
Just taken delivery of two more Kavo Everest mills . I am milling all my glass ceramic on them . They fit perfect thanks to go2 cam and most of all Ulrich. He not only supports the software but knows the hardware backwards. And his wonderful Lara she has been up late into the night to get me out of some hardware jams. I can't thank them enough for all there help. Kavo units second hand are cheap compared to other mills and it just works harder than any mill I have seen. For any Kavo user thinking about moving to the dark side away from OEM go2 cam for Kavo in my opinion is the best and only option.