3shape Implant Studio Woes

S

surgicalguideloser

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm at a loss here. My employer (lab) recently picked up and started pushing for us to use 3Shape Implant Studio as our main software for surgical guide processing and it has been nothing but trouble. We were dropped by whipmix and currently have no reliable tech support and I don't even know where to start with troubleshooting this. Every single case I create there is, at some point, a stage it won't let me move past without freezing my entire computer. It's usually the CBCT dissection or the model stitching stage. Does anyone have any ideas?? We bought the computer I'm using directly from Whipmix with this software because we knew the computer needed specific specs. Everything's updated, all the files are correct, I'm losing my mind!!

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
No ideas and no helpful comments here, but I’ve never heard a single positive comment about the 3shape surgical guide software lol. If your tech support sucks (I got dropped by Whipmix recently as well sadly) you can always type in 3shape ask an expert, and you can schedule in training for anything 3shape related. I don’t think they do tech support related stuff, but if you’re just having trouble learning the software itself they’ll help you out. As far as other software to use, I’ve used both codiagnostix and 360dps and they both work great, only minor complaints with them. I’ve never used blue sky bio but I see people recommend it a bunch around here and apparently it’s free, and you only get charged per export? Don’t quote me on that last part.

S

surgicalguideloser

Reaction score
No ideas and no helpful comments here, but I’ve never heard a single positive comment about the 3shape surgical guide software lol. If your tech support sucks (I got dropped by Whipmix recently as well sadly) you can always type in 3shape ask an expert, and you can schedule in training for anything 3shape related. I don’t think they do tech support related stuff, but if you’re just having trouble learning the software itself they’ll help you out. As far as other software to use, I’ve used both codiagnostix and 360dps and they both work great, only minor complaints with them. I’ve never used blue sky bio but I see people recommend it a bunch around here and apparently it’s free, and you only get charged per export? Don’t quote me on that last part.
I might have to give 3shape another ring. In the past they have been... less than helpful with any issues I've had with other 3Shape products. It's just frustrating because this is a brand new issue. I've been using IS for the past couple months with nothing more than minor snags (mostly user error) and now it's basically unusable and I can't for the life of me figure out why. We'd been using CODX the past 5 years and I LOVE it. So easy to use, and I know it like the back of my hand. Boss man wanted to switch it up because with IS he saves a g or two... but at what cost lol.

D

Disclusion

Reaction score
IS can be finicky about monitor resolution settings. I have monitors scaled up to 225% generally, but before opening a surgical guide case, I'll drop it back to 100 or 125%. Still get some gremlins here and there, but it works for us. (Argen is our reseller, they are helpful but usually escalate issues directly to 3shape, so we usually just call 3shape tech support directly). Hope this helps.

S

surgicalguideloser

Reaction score
IS can be finicky about monitor resolution settings. I have monitors scaled up to 225% generally, but before opening a surgical guide case, I'll drop it back to 100 or 125%. Still get some gremlins here and there, but it works for us. (Argen is our reseller, they are helpful but usually escalate issues directly to 3shape, so we usually just call 3shape tech support directly). Hope this helps.
Funny enough this was exactly the issue. After being transferred around tech support almost a whole day a guy finally hopped on and switched our resolution back to 100 and things have been smooth sailing. I'm training a couple of my coworkers whose eyesight is... not what it used to be so I had scaled the resolution up so they could see better and I never put it back. Computers are weird - that never would have crossed my mind as the reason a whole software stops working.