Ivoclar revolution in 26 days?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
We're a two person lab and my on the ground Ivoclar rep is here every month.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The out side sales rep service the top 20 customers in their territory. If you are not being called on by your rep this is the reason. At least this is what I heard when ivoclar switched things around a couple years back. Your discount is also based on your sales volume and your growth. While equipment does factor in its different if all you buy is ingots.

I find Ivoclar is a wonderful company to partner with, they listen to my needs and accommodate me. I think as my sales with them have increased my worth to them and their ability to make me happy go hand in hand.

Back to the topic, I agree the price point on these pressing I gots will make the cost to mill them as attractive as the direct labor will be substantially less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
They also gave me a certificate of Excellence Aetsch

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
They also gave me a certificate of Excellence Aetsch
Me too. Empress and Emax also helped me buy my home and everything else. Who else out there is making materials that actually work and work well?

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
Ivoclar/Vivadent. Coors/Corning. So many wonderful products.

Thats a joke....for you youngsters, Coors/Corning was responsible for Dicor.

We used to dream of something like e.max.

C

charles007

Reaction score
fyi My rep is great and calls regularly :)

Ivoclar has always given me great support when I needed them but I do wish they had continued to sell Zenoflex porcelain :(.. Heck, very few labs had even heard of Zenoflex porcelain when Wieland sold it.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Agreed. I cant spend much time with a doc that uses me for an occasional case or when they need something fast and local
Sure I get that.. But for me I'm a small lab yet still spend thousands with Ivoclar every month.. I'm not a 50 person lab but I've given a lot of my faith and money to Ivoclar and do not get much of anything in return. It does depend on your specific sales person I suppose.. Like I said earlier I used to have a great rep but he left a few years ago.

I invest myself into my clients practices because I understand the more I help their business grow the more I grow.. I do this for ALL my clients whether they are a 1k a month acct or a 5k. When a company like Ivoclar does not do this, and clearly is only after big money it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth and when a GC rep walks in my door with a good product and service I'll have a much easier time leaving Ivoclar.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
As for Ivoclar, they ticked me off when they dropped my discount without even telling me. I do have a rep, seen him a couple times but I understand ...I'm way up here in the sticks. Also, he's the only rep I have seen in person at the lab other than Axsys who does our software support. As for best manufacturer/supplier that has helped me directly grow my business? Each of them have helped to a degree (i.e. Bego, Argen, Ivoclar, Schein) but at the top of my list would probably be Nowak Dental Supply. I can shoot off an email about a new piece of equipment or material and have several choices sent back to me in mere minutes most times. That kind of service is great because in my world...time is everything!!!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I agree Shawn is great Rob, it would be awesome if Ivoclar would allow distributors :)

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I agree about Nowak, they are good.. My current rep was dumped by Lincoln when they were bought out, and went to work for Nowak.. she's the best

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
As for Ivoclar, they ticked me off when they dropped my discount without even telling me. I do have a rep, seen him a couple times but I understand ...I'm way up here in the sticks. Also, he's the only rep I have seen in person at the lab other than Axsys who does our software support. As for best manufacturer/supplier that has helped me directly grow my business? Each of them have helped to a degree (i.e. Bego, Argen, Ivoclar, Schein) but at the top of my list would probably be Nowak Dental Supply. I can shoot off an email about a new piece of equipment or material and have several choices sent back to me in mere minutes most times. That kind of service is great because in my world...time is everything!!!

de7jz.jpg

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Ivoclar/Vivadent. Coors/Corning. So many wonderful products.

Thats a joke....for you youngsters, Coors/Corning was responsible for Dicor.

We used to dream of something like e.max.
I agree Shawn is great Rob, it would be awesome if Ivoclar would allow distributors :)

Distributors add to my cost, which I do not want. I would prefer to go direct whenever possible. Nowak is probably great, but I do not want to pay for a third party's expenses.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
What was their reason for dropping your discount? I get the same service from my iv rep regarding rapid response. Guess I am lucky.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Sure I get that.. But for me I'm a small lab yet still spend thousands with Ivoclar every month.. I'm not a 50 person lab but I've given a lot of my faith and money to Ivoclar and do not get much of anything in return. It does depend on your specific sales person I suppose.. Like I said earlier I used to have a great rep but he left a few years ago.

I invest myself into my clients practices because I understand the more I help their business grow the more I grow.. I do this for ALL my clients whether they are a 1k a month acct or a 5k. When a company like Ivoclar does not do this, and clearly is only after big money it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth and when a GC rep walks in my door with a good product and service I'll have a much easier time leaving Ivoclar.
I too invest in my clients, but there is only so much time in the day and I must spent it with those that really pay the bills. Are you in Texas Desertfox384?

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I too invest in my clients, but there is only so much time in the day and I must spent it with those that really pay the bills. Are you in Texas Desertfox384?
I'm in North Carolina.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Wheres the Zubler fanboys now haha
Right here sydceramist, where's Johnny rottentooth? ;)

To answer your question, We have the programs, we have an update for our Advanced Press users.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
I just got a call today from my Ivoclar rep. She said these multi layered ingot are ONLY available to labs that have their brand new press. She is not in agreement with that because it limits the sale of these ingots to a select few. But their story line is that they are only confident of the parameters in the new presses or some BS like that. Just wait till they see that no one wants to buy their expensive presses and then they will give out the parameters to all.

Question? Should your vendor try to intimidate / manipulate / coerce you into buying their equipment as a part of their ceramic system? If not, what are you going to do about it?

Top Bottom