Ivoclar revolution in 26 days?

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Dropping d.sign?...haven't heard that, but then again I haven't heard anything from a GC rep either. Been wanting to try GC for almost two years now but with my technique (dry powder) I need a sample before I go buy 10K of porcelain. Hey Al, you know any GC reps out there?... :p

Amen Rob. I use the dry powder technique as well with Inline, but inline is not the best for this technique.. it gets rather clumpy at times. I wonder if GC is a finer powder that would work better? Noritake powders are perfect but I don't like that system.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Amen Rob. I use the dry powder technique as well with Inline, but inline is not the best for this technique.. it gets rather clumpy at times. I wonder if GC is a finer powder that would work better? Noritake powders are perfect but I don't like that system.
Couldn't agree more!!! Well if they ever show up to my door I'll send them down your way too...lol

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Yes I watched it and it was interesting. But I was out of the field for almost 20 years so everything is interesting. Off the cuff, I was not impressed with the 'translucency'. In fact I thought, why would someone press a zirconia. But for those who mill or generally do not have a skilled technician on hand, I can see the economy. After the initial expense. 200g ring? For a single?

I would really like so see a side by side of the pressed pellets. An Anterior would be great. Yes. Very interesting. A group of the LT, HT, Value and Multi would be great.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Yes I watched it and it was interesting. But I was out of the field for almost 20 years so everything is interesting. Off the cuff, I was not impressed with the 'translucency'. In fact I thought, why would someone press a zirconia. But for those who mill or generally do not have a skilled technician on hand, I can see the economy. After the initial expense. 200g ring? For a single?

I would really like so see a side by side of the pressed pellets. An Anterior would be great. Yes. Very interesting. A group of the LT, HT, Value and Multi would be great.

Mrs.galfriday,

The material is not press Zirconia it is IPS e.max Press (Lithium Dislicate) with a true translucent gradient. The gradient goes from the cervical which is slightly less translucent than LT and the incisal is the same as an HT.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Anyone who has questions, pleas come by www.emaxrevolution.com. we have a live chat going on discussing the new material. Just scroll down towards the bottom of the page.

J

James Kivimaki

Reaction score
that is too cool! Im not sure its necessary for all cases but I like it.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Where this will really be great is cases where min thickness is close, this will allow you to make a very nice layered looking case and stay in spec. The fact is on any layered restoration the weak link is the stacked glass, having it fully mono will allow a much wider range of cases that can get exceptional results. I have not read the new instructions, not sure they are out but my question is did the minimal pattern thickness change? Did the overall strength decrease compare to std EMAX press ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Where this will really be great is cases where min thickness is close, this will allow you to make a very nice layered looking case and stay in spec. The fact is on any layered restoration the weak link is the stacked glass, having it fully mono will allow a much wider range of cases that can get exceptional results. I have not read the new instructions, not sure they are out but my question is did the minimal pattern thickness change? Did the overall strength decrease compare to std EMAX press ?

Hi John,

Flexural strength is the same 400 mpa. As for minimal thicknesses we don't recommend anything under 1mm(ie: thin veneers). The reason for this is that you will not see the gradient changes in translucency at these thicknesses and would be better off using another, less expensive ingot.

As for the Intructions for Use (IFU) it has been available on the website for several weeks, it is now called IPS e.max Monolithic Solutions. This is new terminology for all the press techniques, even if you're layering. Below I have included a link to download the IFU.

http://www.ivoclarvivadent.us/zoolu...nt/27100/IPS+e-max+Press+Monolithic+Solutions

The webinar is still available at www.emaxrevolution.com as well as the live chat. We would love to see your questions there, so others can benefit as well.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Mrs.galfriday,

The material is not press Zirconia it is IPS e.max Press (Lithium Dislicate) with a true translucent gradient. The gradient goes from the cervical which is slightly less translucent than LT and the incisal is the same as an HT.

Thank you Patrick. The zirconia comment was my initial response, I know it is Lithium Disilicate press. Fascinating stuff. I am concerned about not having the Value pellets, as they seem to be a valid choice.

This new Multi shading will find a following, I am sure. Thank you for the link.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I am concerned about not having the Value pellets, as they seem to be a valid choice.

Value ingot are not going away. They will always be a good choice for the thin veneer. What will be happening with them is they will be renamed to MT (Medium Transluceny) and given approprite A-D shade names. This will reduce some of the confusion out there of how they fit in and when to use them. The line will also be expanded with four more shades to start (7 total) with more to follow.

As for the Multi, this is a true gradient of translucency from cervical to incisal. This means you can get the blocking you need at the cervical, yet still have HT tranlucency at the incisal, without layering. Allowing you to get more done with minimal effort.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I am very uninterested in the multi ingot, but thats off set by my excitement for the upcoming MTs.

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
Wheres the Zubler fanboys now haha

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
The ingots come in one size only, 5 in each tube. The ingot size is between the regular and the large. The press program is "secret",so you dont see any temps on the oven. And you can only press in the ep3000/5000/3010/5010.
I think I will try to use the multi ingots, just because im obsessed with e.max. Its fairly easy to make a good looking e.max stain/glaze crown. But in the end i always create an illusion of translucency with cold colors like blue/purple/grey. With the multi ingots its not an illusion, the incisal and occlusal trans is a reality.
Also heard rumors of ivo replacing d.sign with a new ceramic.

I just got a call today from my Ivoclar rep. She said these multi layered ingot are ONLY available to labs that have their brand new press. She is not in agreement with that because it limits the sale of these ingots to a select few. But their story line is that they are only confident of the parameters in the new presses or some BS like that. Just wait till they see that no one wants to buy their expensive presses and then they will give out the parameters to all.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
I just got a call today from my Ivoclar rep. She said these multi layered ingot are ONLY available to labs that have their brand new press. She is not in agreement with that because it limits the sale of these ingots to a select few. But their story line is that they are only confident of the parameters in the new presses or some BS like that. Just wait till they see that no one wants to buy their expensive presses and then they will give out the parameters to all.
My rep told me, after I said good luck with that, that they CAN sell me the kit and the ingots but will not support me and I will be on my own to figure out the parameters.....

C

charles007

Reaction score
Still think milling is the way to go with this new material, after all, who wants to spend hours grinding in walls of contacts.. :rolleyes:

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
You all have reps!? LOL who knew? I guess the several thousand I drop with Ivoclar every month doesn't earn me one.
I had a good rep a few years ago.. he moved on and haven't heard much from Ivoclar since.

user name

user name

Reaction score
You all have reps!? LOL who knew? I guess the several thousand I drop with Ivoclar every month doesn't earn me one.
I had a good rep a few years ago.. he moved on and haven't heard much from Ivoclar since.
Mines taken me out to eat, bought me a nice shirt, given me lots of free ingots...get a rep!