Ivoclar revolution in 26 days?

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Patrick, please excuse me while I explain this feature of our oven.

Those of you that understand physics understand thermal resistance. When you are pressing, the investment is a thermal blanket, enveloping the ingot. The plunger on top, also acts as an insulator. NO MATTER what temperature is displayed on your furnace at any given point during a TRADITIONAL program, the temperature inside the ring will never match the temperature of the chamber or the temperature on the outside of the ring.

Thus you have a temperature differential across the interior of the ring all the way to the outside and into the chamber. In traditional programs you have a heat rate to a final hold temperature for a specific number of minutes before you press either intelligently or for a programmed number of minutes. Take this program for example:

Entry 700c
Heat rate 60C/min
Final temperature 915C
Hold time 25 min
Press intelligent

In this program, you can bet when you begin to press the outside of the ring is approximately 915C, however the inside of the ring is between 880C and 885C. So where is most of the reaction layer on this pressing if it is Lithium Disilicate? obviously where it was over heated.

With the advanced press feature, the ring is between 880C-885C all the way across. The ingot stays in the most conducive temperature zone and never sees as much heat as the TRADITIONAL program.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
That's not correct. zubler holds the patent to that press process. That's why Ivoclar is not doing it. It has nothing to do with the Ivoclar needing to validate the outcome.....
What's the patent number on this process? Asked zublerusa this last year and all I got was crickets....

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
clarification...the muffle should always be closed following use to prevent the platform from warping; its heavy and I doubt it would warp, but just to be safe...

I just did a press and timed the cool down to 700; 6 minutes.

To the best of my knowledge you dont need to let it cool down before starting the next press. I dont and have had no problems.

muffle is always closed unless I'm loading a job. I'm thinking it takes about ten minutes but I'll have to time it I guess. Either way that's 6-10 minutes to add to the pressing time which evens or lengthens the pressing speed between the Zubler and Ivo. I was told to allow the oven to cool between pressings to diminish the bad orange peel surface I get.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Ron, I do not recall you ever asking for it, I am not sure what the patent number is. I never bothered to ask the guys in Germany. I will see if they will provide it to me sometime soon. But if you doubt us, you are more than welcome to get it from the patent office. http://www.uspto.gov/patents/process/search/

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
clarification...the muffle should always be closed following use to prevent the platform from warping; its heavy and I doubt it would warp, but just to be safe...

To the best of my knowledge you dont need to let it cool down before starting the next press. I dont and have had no problems.

You should always let furnace cool to the entry temperature, or close to the entry temperature. Keeping the chamber closed on any oven is smart, and is not necessarily about the platform warping, but more about keeping the chamber soaked.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
user-name, Do not do Ron's work for him...;)

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score

I just take the pressed ring off, hit start, wait a second u til it's ready and grab the next ring

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
I liked my zubler press when I got. Now I love my zubler press with the advance press programs. Literally doubled my capacity.

Matrix

Matrix

Reaction score
The Ivoclar multi shade ingot kit arrived today. Have not opened it yet for a look but will post my results with a test case in the next couple of days.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Ive been hearing results from some from the UK.
Ones I heard from said they'll probably use them for press and stain veneers.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
I would love to see a photo essay of this pellet on practical cases. They sound very interesting but the presentation photo did not display the vitality of e.max mono/laired that I have done.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Chris,
Has Zubler figures out the program for the new multi shaded e.max ingots?
Would love to press this in my Zublers.
thanks

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Chris,
Has Zubler figures out the program for the new multi shaded e.max ingots?
Would love to press this in my Zublers.
thanks
Until then, I'll press them for you BobCDT in my ep5000. Just send me your rings and ingots.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Thanks, I have Ivoclar presses and they are good to go for the new material. I just like the results I get much more when I press in the zubler.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
So who is going to be the first to digitize the sprue and be able to mill the wax up with the sprue attached.? I will scan and make an attachment to be able to do just this when I get my kit. :)

Easy peazy