Is there any way to mill Straumann Authentic in 3Shape 2015 or 2016?

Travdeez

Travdeez

Reaction score
Hello I am a 3Shape 2014 user and am looking to upgrade to newer versions of 3Shape mostly because of the Astra Tech EV implant libray. Astra says i have to upgrade to 2015 or higher to install the EV library. I am wanting to do this but the reason i have not in the past is because i will lose the ability to mill Straumann Authentic in house. This is for hybrid restorations of course and it was Straumann themselves that said i would lose this feature. I talked to my 3Shape guys and they said i would also lose this. I am wondering if you can create a work order and select older versions of Dental Designer to still be able to do this. However i am also thinking that the implant libraries all have to be updated to match the newer versions. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
hello stay on your 2014 with your current likes in your setup. if you upgrade some function in your implant library will be locked out due to FDA bs. my suggestion is either have another computer with 2015/2016 installed and only use for the new stuff you want to do or get really techy and do a virtual machine with 2015/2016 installed on virtual machine. there my 2 cents how that helps :)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
This is why i keep 2014 2.9.9.5 on a separate pc.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Note that if you have a network setup and your dongle server is running 2015/2016, it causes issues to just point the 2014 machine to that; you should have the dongle server locally on the older computer and either use multiple dongles or swap your dongle depending what you're designing.

(Horror story: Running networked 2015 environment, installing local setup of 2014 on a computer and pointing it to the main server for license overwrites the dongle server software and all the sudden all your production machines cease to work...)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have my dongle on a 2016 server pointing my 2014 to it with no issues. Please keep in mind you MUST seperate the databases. 2014 database on the 2014 pc and same as 2016. You can scan in 2016, export the case to the 2014 pc. Create the order then simply import the scans and design the case. Been 2 years like this no issues.

The issue happens when you try to share the databases.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom