Questions about 3Shape Sectioned Model Printing

L

LothamerLab

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am trying to figure out the ideal settings for sectioned models in 3Shape Model Builder. So far, my printed dies are either too loose, or too tight and don't go down all the way into the model. I'm using Acukuretta CURO Element Model resin. I've been just setting Die to Model Spacing and Post to Model Spacing to 0.02mm, and all the rest of the values under "Interfaces" to 0. With these settings, the die goes in snugly, but the alignment holes in the model and die don't quite line up, showing that the die isn't down all the way. Does anyone have any suggestions on settings that I could tweak, or values that could be changed to remedy this issue?

Thanks!

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
Agree- solid model with separate die is most accurate.

Settings we found worked the best for a removeable die:
Base Wall Angle - 2.000​
Base Stop Surface Width - 0.001​
Base Stop Surface Angle - 0.000​
Die to Model Spacing - 0.125​
Friction Bar Width - 0.700​
Friction Bar Overlap - 0.000​
Number of Friction Bars - 8​

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
I’d personally tweak the number of friction bars before tweaking anything else. 3shapes stock number is like 8 or something, but I found everything much more consistent when changing it to 3 or 4, and then adjusting other parameters after. But I also agree solid model with separate die is the way to go.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You still need a solid model for contacts
Select “ cur gingival from design “ and never speak of removable dies on here ever again.

L

LothamerLab

Reaction score
Thank you all for your advice.

E

erzdaemon

Reaction score
This maybe related to insufficient post processing.

If you have holes/cavaties you gotta be cleaning your Model very carefully before curing ( i like to use very firm pressurized air after first rough wash) especially when you have holes for dies or analogs in your model).

If you just put the Model in the e.g. Form Wash without additional cleaning there will most likely be a rest of uncured resin which then prevents your dies from fitting good and all your efforts on trying to adjust fitting parameters would be wasted.

Top Bottom