Imes Icore 240i

• Thread starter JandBDentalStudio
  • Start date
JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
Our new Imes Icore 240i Milling Machine! This milling machine is the best I've ever seen, it's solid construction and precision set it apart from the rest! Thanks to Tom and Ryan at Dental Arts for getting us set up with a great deal and great service! asphotos_a.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ash3_74742_170285863117042_1891387526_n.jpg
asphotos_a.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ash3_74742_170285863117042_1891387526_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Nice, yes they are built like a tank! We have the 340i and it is a beast for what it is, Ryan is a nice guy too. Enjoy milling on it.

Sevan

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
Thanks for the Kudos guys, I always have fun working with you Aaron even if you have poor decisions in football teams at least you chose a good mill;) Sevan I really enjoyed meeting you at DLOAC let me know any breakthroughs you have on the CAM side and I'll do the same. Otherwise I'll see you at Lab Day Chicago or west I'm sure. The 340i is pretty much like a 240i on steroids so is definitely a beast. Both are almost bombproof construction so you should be good for a while just change tools every thousand crowns or so.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Arron, I think I'm in love with your 240i or the 340i on steroids, may need to place a special order in Carolina Blue so mine will be faster than yours ... lol. I bet there's little difference with zirconia mill times on either imes mill.. Any hiccups with your 240 like we so often hear with other mills, or just plain smooth sailing..
Aaron, you told me this is your first scanner/mill, please share your learning curve using the scanner, mill, Cam, and coloring zirconia as a first time user to Cad/Cam.
Please post pics of your FCZ, I've heard your BioZ are looking very sweet.... How does your Bio stand up to emax......
Charles

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Charles, I'm about to have to tell your wife about your secret love affair with the imes 240i....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

C

charles007

Reaction score
Charles, I'm about to have to tell your wife about your secret love affair with the imes 240i....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jason, your years to late, she already knows the lab comes first, in her eyes, and for good reason...
You still working around the clock ! U have the same problem brother.

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So Charles does this mean you are gonna buy a 240i from Ryan?

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
@Charles007 It wasnt too bad, we spaced out the scanner and the mill by about 5 weeks. I was able to learn the scanner and exocad software, and then learn the mill. Im super glad it wasnt all at once! That wouldve been info overload! Coloring is super easy, the mill operation and cam module is super easy. The design is getting much much easier! With the support from Ryan, Tom, and Shanda it really has made it easy to have all of my questions answered and answered quickly on top of it! As far as mill hiccups, very few if any! It's been an awesome experience and I'm really excited for our labs future! The BioZ is absolutely beautiful, I will definitely post pics of completed BioZ FC. My dad ordered the GC luster paste after he got of the phone with you!

Last edited:
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Our new Imes Icore 240i Milling Machine! This milling machine is the best I've ever seen, it's solid construction and precision set it apart from the rest! Thanks to Tom and Ryan at Dental Arts for getting us set up with a great deal and great service! asphotos_a.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ash3_74742_170285863117042_1891387526_n.jpg
If its the best you have ever seen you should really take a look at the 340i, 440i, 450i and the rest of the Imes dental specific mills.
asphotos_a.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ash3_74742_170285863117042_1891387526_n.jpg

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
Bob I realize Imes makes even better machines, This is the best we have ever seen zirconia milled from thus far, out of the Roland, Weiland, and Lava Mills. When the need arises we will be getting the 440i most likely.

J

Jazzfan

Reaction score
Question for you guys. I'm sending out aournd 25-30 Zirconia units a day to local milling center and was wondering at what point do I buy a unit and do it myself? What is the cost of everything truly needed to do everything? How many units do I need daily to make it worth it? What is the cost per unit? Plus any other advice you may have would be great!!!! Thanks in advance...

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
Question for you guys. I'm sending out aournd 25-30 Zirconia units a day to local milling center and was wondering at what point do I buy a unit and do it myself? What is the cost of everything truly needed to do everything? How many units do I need daily to make it worth it? What is the cost per unit? Plus any other advice you may have would be great!!!! Thanks in advance...
It would pay off really fast if you do that volume. Send me a PM and I'd be happy to chat, or ask Aaron (jandb) You are definitely ready for a full system. We can help you run the ROI if you are interested.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Your well past a break even. You'll save a boat load by bringing milling in house. Can't tell you exactly what you'll save as I don't know what you spend on a unit. Real cost of an FZ including mill time, CAM labor and materials only. Based on your volume per unit cost will be about $13 to $15 a unit. This includes 36 month loan for the mill and sintering furnace and some remakes.
If you would like our team can run you an ROI using your actual numbers and the mill of choice. No pressure or commitment needed.

A

Andymg

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Sorry to barge in

I'm going to buy the 450i Mill with in the next month. It's impossible to find information on these.
The only thing I don't understand is the CAD part, I don't mind paying XXX amount for the mill but the CAD side is almost just as expensive. Do I really need the 3shape D700 and the ICAM V5 or should I just a easier route.
Thank you to anyone that can responce.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
You need to talk to Ryan at Dental Arts he is the didtributor for the Imes machines here in the states. You will need the ICam V5 for the 450i without a doubt. As far as the 3Shape, it is my choice of CAD but there are many different options available these days and you need to figure out what you want to spend. The top two choices are 3Shape and Exocad. I don't think you can go wrong with these two systems.

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
25-30 a day! I do that many a month (premium crowns) and looking to purchase one.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
25-30 a day! I do that many a month (premium crowns) and looking to purchase one.

With this quantity you should either pick up a scanner and do your own design or outsource models.

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
With this quantity you should either pick up a scanner and do your own design or outsource models.

That's just zirconia a month, I could use the machine to do my full contour emax etc, ideally the machine is a push to attain more work without trying to train someone or find somebody good enough.

Top Bottom