help! emax to zirconia prob

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
It doesn't fit but you mean kid as in goat? Cause there's no way someone agreed to do that type of stuff with you to make a human kid and no adoption agency is dumb enough to give you one,right?
Goat, sheep it's all the same to a Vermonter.:eek:Bird:p

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Shows what you know....
Goats are way harder to catch.
Down here we usually leave a rope tied around their neck. It helps to even the odds. Who's satisfied with lamb every night??

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Down here we usually leave a rope tied around their neck. It helps to even the odds. Who's satisfied with lamb every night??
Freakin' perv. I'm not into the bondage thing.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
always cut the porcelain in the interproximal down to the substructure from all sides by blade every build up(the porcelain should not be very dry nor very wet).
don't use a fine diamond disk to round the ridges near interproximal area, use it only after the last bake( u don't need it actually if you cut the ceramic by blade down to the substructure every time).
the first bake the interproximal space will be big, the second will be small the third will look very natural, with minimal use of cutting disks.
when u fill the space always use wet porcelain and shake the bridge well to make sure no air bubble is trapped there.
u will need a very thin flat blade.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
After my zirliner cycle , I am doing this . I am applying a thin layer of glaze liquid , and then I sprinkle with clear powder , and fire at the doundation cycle . After that I build . Oliver Brix describles this technique in his last book . After I started doing it , I have no more margins lifting , and have minimazed tearing . I never seperate down to the framework , I am trying to stop seperating , right before it . Good luck !

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
After my zirliner cycle , I am doing this . I am applying a thin layer of glaze liquid , and then I sprinkle with clear powder , and fire at the doundation cycle . After that I build . Oliver Brix describles this technique in his last book . After I started doing it , I have no more margins lifting , and have minimazed tearing . I never seperate down to the framework , I am trying to stop seperating , right before it . Good luck !

the shrinkage of the porcelain will not be uniformly equal unless you separate each tooth mass alone.

it is something like baking multiple sausage connected to each other and have both ends of the chain tied to the edge of the pan, if they did not tear apart while baking they will have internal stress, so cut them and let them shrink freely then invite me to the lunch.

what happened with our friend here by not separating, the porcelain act like a blanket spread over two mountains and a valley, when it shrinks while tied more firmly to the mountains, of course it will leave the valley and raise up.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
When I spread my sausage like a blanket over two mountains and a valley , the last thing I have to worry about is shrinkage!

You pitching for the other team Mo?

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
When I spread my sausage like a blanket over two mountains and a valley , the last thing I have to worry about is shrinkage!

You pitching for the other team Mo?

is this an open invitation for a lunch and a fishing picnic.BirdArgh

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
No but if you ask them, I'm sure you can hook up to a FLA-Vt triangle.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
....and if you do, and he drops anything in the boat....
Let HIM pick it up.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
the shrinkage of the porcelain will not be uniformly equal unless you separate each tooth mass alone.

it is something like baking multiple sausage connected to each other and have both ends of the chain tied to the edge of the pan, if they did not tear apart while baking they will have internal stress, so cut them and let them shrink freely then invite me to the lunch.

what happened with our friend here by not separating, the porcelain act like a blanket spread over two mountains and a valley, when it shrinks while tied more firmly to the mountains, of course it will leave the valley and raise up.

I just told him what I do , and works for me . As I said , I never go down to the frame , it doesn't make any sense to me to create a gap . Then , there will be surely tearing . I separate with a thin spatula my porcelain very well though .

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
I just told him what I do , and works for me . As I said , I never go down to the frame , it doesn't make any sense to me to create a gap . Then , there will be surely tearing . I separate with a thin spatula my porcelain very well though .

your way will work, it will improve the wetting, plus the friction during the firing.
however, its still much better to separate down to the infrastructure to avoid any potential problem.
just imagine how the porcelain will act during firing and try to free it from any tearing stress.
the result gap is useful in many ways, as each unit will act mechanically alone,
it is still a matter of believes and what u use to do, and i cannot change any of them.