help! emax to zirconia prob

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
20140909_210504.jpg 20140909_210414.jpg Screenshot_2014-09-09-18-40-01.png it's late and this is killing me! e.max ceram is lifting off of zr. WTH!
I did a Z irliner firing and now the wash bake keeps doing this. any help?
I'm just using h20 for wetting porcelain. using temps from the manual. the stuff just won't stick to the connectors.

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
It's always done that for me on bridges too. I use a razor and cut through interprox before every firing until I glaze. Allows even shrinkage and eliminates lifting and tearing. Makes contouring easier too.

Edit:
Also make sure your heat rate is at 45°C/min. I also raise my final temp 2°C for each additional unit.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
heating up to quickly .not drying long enough and final temp too low

C

charles007

Reaction score
Dump the expensive emax ceram on your zirconia cases and switch over to CZR or GC.. or use CZR or GC on multi unit cases. Emax ceram tears to easily on larger buildups beyond facial layering on emax.
Have you tried pressing to zir ? I've heard good results using emax /GC and with Shofu.
fyi CZR is the most forgiving porcelain I've ever used period, almost zero tearing, plus you have the option to use with 3D shades without conversion charts..

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Use emax glaze with a dusting of oe something (1-2-3) for your wash

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
hey man, i press GC to my zirconia crowns and bridges. it comes out beautiful, no multiple fires, no cracking or tearing. really is seamless and gorgeous. GC press over Zirconia is beautiful and nicely translucent.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. st ripping it and starting over.
Ggggrrrrrrr

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
hey man, i press GC to my zirconia crowns and bridges. it comes out beautiful, no multiple fires, no cracking or tearing. really is seamless and gorgeous. GC press over Zirconia is beautiful and nicely translucent.
go to bed loser!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We're there for you man!Five

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
bed? i was still at the lab. didnt leave until 245am. going to be another long night too
That sh1ts gonna eat you up Spongebob.
I'm leaving in an hour for my kids soccer game. :)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
bed? i was still at the lab. didnt leave until 245am. going to be another long night too
Well crap! We're twins! I left at the same time. Thanks to the crap I'm dealing with e.max ceram (which finally bonded) and getting new "toys" (headaches) I've been thinking about becoming a garbage man like I wanted to be when I was 4 years old. Or to just live off the government. Proly the latter.
Long night here as well. Going to Vegas for some 3shape "advanced" training tomorrow.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
It doesn't fit but you mean kid as in goat? Cause there's no way someone agreed to do that type of stuff with you to make a human kid and no adoption agency is dumb enough to give you one,right?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Hunting season yet Zero?
It's started already for the bow hunters...opens September 17th for rifles in my area...not sure how many times I'm going to be able to get out this season though... Have to drive my daughter to Toronto next week...starting university and wants to have her car there...plus there's construction going at my new office...got to chase them contractors around...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
it already is
luckily(or unluckily lol) my 1yr old has been here with me every day since I opened the doors.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
It doesn't fit but you mean kid as in goat? Cause there's no way someone agreed to do that type of stuff with you to make a human kid and no adoption agency is dumb enough to give you one,right?
Riley, go to Vegas, get drunk, get laid and try to come back with a sense of humour......:D