Full Contour Zirconia

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I never get to see to many pics of FCZ on here and there are a lot of different brands out there. Recently, I had a local lab friend do a FCZ for me out of the Sagemax NexxZr. The shade is A2. I posted pics as I received it back in the unglazed state and after glazing. The milling center stains it in the unsintered state. Excuse the pic quality...as usual in a hurry!
IMG_0195.jpg IMG_0197.jpg IMG_0199.jpg IMG_0200.jpg

pingvin

pingvin

Reaction score
Did you add any external stains to it or is this just pure glaze?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I just finished a case from Diadem. Beautiful! The best I have seen o far. I will post some pictures later.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Did you add any external stains to it or is this just pure glaze?

Not much, I used a little Authentic "A stain" at the cervical and a little brown in the central fossa and glazed twice with Emax glaze.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I just finished a case from Diadem. Beautiful! The best I have seen o far. I will post some pictures later.

I would love to see them. I heard they have some very nice FC.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Did our first Diadem FC Zirc today - Fits well, anatomy is OK, stained and glazed with the e.max stuff. Glazed nice in one bake, looked much more chalky and opaque than emax which i expected. But out the door.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
not bad color for a FC Zr.. still a shame, but not too bad as far as shade goes.

C

charles007

Reaction score
not bad color for a FC Zr.. still a shame, but not too bad as far as shade goes.

DISTURBED,
You need to make a few assorted all ceramic crowns with one FCG, one pfm, with a large group of your doctors at you side, with prices on each crown. Now, with a little luck with you all liquored up from my posse (this can be done at the next 2012 LMT in Chicago) you might go to the DARK SIDE with the other doctors and labs trying to make a buck doing all ceramic crowns, including BRUXZIR . And my posse for sure, will pick up a few new accounts at this meeting...:D
By the way, since we've friends, where do you live, I need a few more accounts :)

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
DISTURBED,
You need to make a few assorted all ceramic crowns with one FCG, one pfm, with a large group of your doctors at you side, with prices on each crown. Now, with a little luck with you all liquored up from my posse (this can be done at the next 2012 LMT in Chicago) you might go to the DARK SIDE with the other doctors and labs trying to make a buck doing all ceramic crowns, including BRUXZIR . And my posse for sure, will pick up a few new accounts at this meeting...:D
By the way, since we've friends, where do you live, I need a few more accounts :)

I (currently) live in northern cali, but I hate to tell you that I work for educated prosts that will NEVER use full contour zirc cause they know how destructive it can be. And also sorry to say I am not a big drinker. :(

I was at lab day chicago 2010. asked the 3m/lava "expert" what happens to the crystalline structure of the porcelain after they fire the shiznit out of it trying to get atomization to Zr.. he had no clue.. I did...I will not be returning to that overgrown sales meeting to hang with your posse and get drunk..sorry friend...

pingvin

pingvin

Reaction score
So what happens to "the crystalline structure of the porcelain after they fire the shiznit out of it trying to get atomization to Zr"? What is shiznit? What is atomization?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I just want to see pics of other zirconia brands in this thread....that's all. If you guys want to "duke it out" over the pro's & cons of using FCZ in the mouth, please start a new thread. Thanks.:)

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Wise words PDC and by the way "nice pics"

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I just want to see pics of other zirconia brands in this thread....that's all. If you guys want to "duke it out" over the pro's & cons of using FCZ in the mouth, please start a new thread. Thanks.:)

Better yet I would love to start seeing different brands in the mouth.
Of bread and butter stuff. Not 1 or 2 cherry picked crowns.

I can always make crns look real beautiful in the lab but often Im to disappointed when I see it in the mouth.

Isn't it a problem that the more translucent zir is the weaker it is.

If so when does it get to the point that it is close to the 400 mpa emax?

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Al, that would be such a fun experiment. Tapering down the mechanical properties as you increase the aesthetic ones. I'm not sure its a one to one trade off. Eg, does a 2x increase in translucency result in a 2x decrease in _____________(favorite mechanical indicator of strength)?

C

charles007

Reaction score
I never get to see to many pics of FCZ on here and there are a lot of different brands out there. Recently, I had a local lab friend do a FCZ for me out of the Sagemax NexxZr. The shade is A2. I posted pics as I received it back in the unglazed state and after glazing. The milling center stains it in the unsintered state. Excuse the pic quality...as usual in a hurry!

Nice shade and the value apears to be very good from a buccal view, can't tell from an occlusal view, will assume its high ?
Are you staining a little darker than the given shade ? are your doctors saying the shades on full contour come out light in the mouth, or maybe there giving a slightly darker shade ??
Charles

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Al

as far as i know the most translucent full contour zirocnia is still just shy of 800Mpa.

but i have no studies or papers to back that up; mainly just the vita guide. however we use Metoxit's blocks so i'll call around and find out what the numbers are and get back to you.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
The Crystal stuff was 850mpa, i think this was because they were impregnating it with alumina to get the extra translucency.

The new super translucent TOSOH stuff (which loads of places are selling but just re-rebranding under different names) is 1200mpa.

What ive used of it so far seems good.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
waiting for amann girrbach's new trans zir.

They tell me it is nice. ??

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I will get some photos in the mouth on the 30th of a bridge, 18-20.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
The Crystal stuff was 850mpa, i think this was because they were impregnating it with alumina to get the extra translucency.
The new super translucent TOSOH stuff (which loads of places are selling but just re-rebranding under different names) is 1200mpa.

What ive used of it so far seems good.

I remember reading it some where a while back that it contained Mg also. Reminds me of inceram spinell.