e.max Veneers

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
This case went in today.... really starting to like the result I am getting. I have learned a lot on this forum....thanks to everyone who has contributed!
K.C. e value.009.jpg K.C. e value.001.jpg K.C. e value.003.jpg K.C. e value.007.jpg

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Very nicely done Russ, like what you've done by shading the ingot. What ingot shade did you use on this one?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Really nice Russ... what are your doctors saying about using emax compared to pfms/zir...

How are you liking Chapel Hill, seen many Duke Crazies on Franklin St.:D

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Very nicely done Russ, like what you've done by shading the ingot. What ingot shade did you use on this one?

Thanks dmonwaxa!

I used LT-A1. The Dr. wanted A2.5 but when I saw the pt., he was much darker. I played with value the most...... hit the value, bingo!

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Really nice Russ... what are your doctors saying about using emax compared to pfms/zir...

How are you liking Chapel Hill, seen many Duke Crazies on Franklin St.:D

Thanks Charles ! I have not approached Z yet. The majority is still PFM's on Classic 4 ! However, I will do e.max if I feel the case will support the material.

Loving the area! Still neutral regarding teams... I love a winner ! :)

user name

user name

Reaction score
Nice. With out being back-lit its tough to tell if you mimicked translucency or got actual trans, but it looks great. Thats where I have the most difficulty..getting a nice life like trans without reducing the value too much. If you have time, would you please break down the build on those, and in general, how do opals fit into your work.

Off Topic..Spectrum dialogue latest issue (march),page 28. Im not educated on your occ. compass; are these guys trying to explain the same?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I love the case presentation.The image arrangement is very professional looking.Did you compose this with photoshop?

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Nice. With out being back-lit its tough to tell if you mimicked translucency or got actual trans, but it looks great. Thats where I have the most difficulty..getting a nice life like trans without reducing the value too much. If you have time, would you please break down the build on those, and in general, how do opals fit into your work.

Off Topic..Spectrum dialogue latest issue (march),page 28. Im not educated on your occ. compass; are these guys trying to explain the same?

I try to control value with the enamels but I do use a blend of Empress stains blue,yellow & red, as Oliver Brix taught in his Course, to lay down a base value first.

I have not read the March issue. No opals at this time! Mainly work with MO1. This case started out with LT-A1. I just pressed my 1st HT for a bicuspid with buccal layering. Looking forward to evaluating later in the month. I am new to e.max so I am still trying out different things.

Russ

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
I love the case presentation.The image arrangement is very professional looking.Did you compose this with photoshop?

Thanks!....... All was done in Keynote. No photoshop.

Russ

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
might be a good reason to finally open keynote!
very nice job ross!
certainly helps with the photography.

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Loving the area! Still neutral regarding teams... I love a winner ! :)

Neutral! Impossible. UNC is my alma mater. Although if you get to choose Duke/UNC whenever you want, you will be cheering through a lot of wins. :)

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Ceramics are beautiful Russ!!! Nice records from the Dr.!! Nice photography !!! Have a nice cold beer on this one. Cheers, James

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Hey Russ,

I still have one of your mailer brochures from 2008 taped up in my work area! and have read your publications and enjoy your philosophies on morphology and function.

It's cool to see some of your work up on here! Very nice looking E.max...there's no way my dad could make one look like that! Inspiring work. Awesome result starting from an A1 LT.

So did you didn't use any opals on the mesial/distal and hight of contours? That is some bright enamel. Maybe just Incial 1? Anyway, it looks awesome. Love the work.

Last edited:
D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Neutral! Impossible. UNC is my alma mater. Although if you get to choose Duke/UNC whenever you want, you will be cheering through a lot of wins. :)

You are right..... Hard to not like UNC ! My lab is about 5 min. from the campus!

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Hey Russ,

I still have one of your mailer brochures from 2008 taped up in my work area! and have read your publications and enjoy your philosophies on morphology and function.

It's cool to see some of your work up on here! Very nice looking E.max...there's no way my dad could make one look like that! Inspiring work. Awesome result starting from an A1 LT.

So did you didn't use any opals on the mesial/distal and hight of contours? That is some bright enamel. Maybe just Incial 1? Anyway, it looks awesome. Love the work.

Thanks Alistar !
Where are you located? Tell your father to take a Course from Oliver Brix. He will learn a lot!
I guess I didn't understand the question regarding opals. Yes, I use the opals & Incisal 1 as you described.
Russ

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Thanks James! I did enjoy a nice glass of wine last night!

Russ, I know its somewhat off topic; but what wine did you have last night, and do you have a favorite?

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Thanks Alistar !
Where are you located? Tell your father to take a Course from Oliver Brix. He will learn a lot!
I guess I didn't understand the question regarding opals. Yes, I use the opals & Incisal 1 as you described.
Russ

Russ,

We are in St.Paul, Minnesota. I've been saving some money to take a ceramics course, but to be honest I could really use some education on waxing techniques too. Less carving would save me a lot of time on E.max.
Are you going to be traveling anywhere close to here to teach a course? I'll see if I can track down Oliver Brix's teaching schedule.

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Russ,

We are in St.Paul, Minnesota. I've been saving some money to take a ceramics course, but to be honest I could really use some education on waxing techniques too. Less carving would save me a lot of time on E.max.
Are you going to be traveling anywhere close to here to teach a course? I'll see if I can track down Oliver Brix's teaching schedule.

At this time, all my Courses are in the Raleigh, NC area. I will travel if there are 10 or more signed up in any State.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
At this time, all my Courses are in the Raleigh, NC area. I will travel if there are 10 or more signed up in any State.

Sounds good Russ,

I'm really interested in taking your course. I'll talk with my dad and some other labs in the area. I might be able to round up some techs.

I also looked into the Oliver Birx E.max course. It's full up as of right now for the June courses in both Amhurst and Sarasota, but maybe I'll be able to squeak in somehow.

Maybe they'll schedule more dates? :confused: