Cement for ti-base to zirconia?

ItsKeeN

ItsKeeN

Reaction score
Howdy! Hope everybody is having a great week. I have been using E.max Abutment Solutions Cem kit to cement our abutments to zirconia restorations but was wondering what everyone else prefers to use? Also, if anybody could recommend a trial cement used for veneers? Preferably with a longer working time. Thanks!

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Multi Link from Ivoclar. Only one I've used in over ten years.

doug

doug

Reaction score
RelyX Unicem 2 A-3 opaque shade

ItsKeeN

ItsKeeN

Reaction score
Multi Link from Ivoclar. Only one I've used in over ten years.
Thats what is included in my kit we've been using and it works for sure. Whats the best way to cement cleanly? Im always left with cement filling the screw channel and i have to use 4-5 microbrushes to get rid of it. Then when i use compressed air or steam to clean up, I sometimes blow the abutment back out and gotta restart :/

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thats what is included in my kit we've been using and it works for sure. Whats the best way to cement cleanly? Im always left with cement filling the screw channel and i have to use 4-5 microbrushes to get rid of it. Then when i use compressed air or steam to clean up, I sometimes blow the abutment back out and gotta restart :/
Just run a bead around the top outside edge of the abutment like a doughnut, and push the crown down. It leaves the access hole pretty clean, only to have to do the normal margin cleanup. If the top of the abutment is bigger, maybe use a little sprue wax in the hole and paint a thin layer of cement on the top and do the doughnut thing? I don't do very many screw-retained, maybe about 1/2 dozen over the last 5 years. Others here will have some better ideas :)

Last edited:
Z

ztech

Reaction score
When I started using ti-bases, I had a similar question and didn't find answers that I was looking for. I did the next best thing. I milled six different abutments and cemented them to ti-bases. Two by applying cement to both. Two applying cement to ti-base only. Two applying cement to crown only. the one with the cement applied to both had some small voids on in the cement when I recovered them with most voids appearing near the cervical area. The cement to the crown cemented fine but the excess cement was in the chimney only a small void on one of the two near the cervical. The one that I applied to ti-base had a small void near the occlusal end on both, but no cement in the access hole. Although this was a small sample size, I have confirmed this over the years with the ones I have had to recover to add or reglaze. I apply to ti-base exclusively. The extra cement is expressed out the cervical with little chance of voids and if the voids occur they are near the occlusal/incisal end.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
hi guys you need to be more polite when asked these questions like hi how are you ?where are you from ?do you own a cerec ?are you a technician? once you find out these things and encourage an open exchange of dialogue we can be far more helpful in the dental world. We dont need to be showy dental techs braging about our vast knowledge as it might be conceived we are cocky know alls when really are just very helpful charitable people who dont think the slightest second about charging for our advice . Like others in the dental industry. All the best have a great day all you highly skilled dental techs out there.

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
hi guys you need to be more polite when asked these questions like hi how are you ?where are you from ?do you own a cerec ?are you a technician? once you find out these things and encourage an open exchange of dialogue we can be far more helpful in the dental world. We dont need to be showy dental techs braging about our vast knowledge as it might be conceived we are cocky know alls when really are just very helpful charitable people who dont think the slightest second about charging for our advice . Like others in the dental industry. All the best have a great day all you highly skilled dental techs out there.
? I don't see any rude replies, just people answering the question posed?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe that applied to some other threads in the past, but it doesn't seem to apply here. Regards.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
What im implying is we cough up info straight away without finding out who is asking the question, your responses reinforce my point. we all try and be helpful and god bless us we are our own worst enemy. so please be a bit smarter i get dentists ringing me up all the time what cement do you glue your abutments with? how do you polish your crowns after adjustments? all pretending to be your best mate usually but not always they have their own mill in house or they are thinking of it or they have found someone cheaper and so on and so on. If you had another lab down the street ring you up would you be so forthcoming in your answers? So at least treat the dentist who come on this site the same way and the only to find out is to ask questions first.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
god bless you Doug its a shame we are like this but we do need to wake up every other part of dentistry has a charge nothing is free . By all means myself included help our profession . but this blind oh oh oh please sir pick me i know the answer attitude to everyone who asks a question is just decreasing the respect levels from others in dentistry unless we realize our knowledge and experiences are worth something we will not go anywhere but backwards. Im not disparaging the good hearted we are all here for each other thinking [naive as it is] but I am saying we need to value ourselves more this will help all us techos in the future.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You’re gonna need a bigger boat Luke.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
god bless you Doug its a shame we are like this but we do need to wake up every other part of dentistry has a charge nothing is free . By all means myself included help our profession . but this blind oh oh oh please sir pick me i know the answer attitude to everyone who asks a question is just decreasing the respect levels from others in dentistry unless we realize our knowledge and experiences are worth something we will not go anywhere but backwards. Im not disparaging the good hearted we are all here for each other thinking [naive as it is] but I am saying we need to value ourselves more this will help all us techos in the future.
In general, I agree, especially for someone who's new to the forum and only has one post, where we need to get to know them more. Or, the Dr who is looking to phase the evil lab out of their expense $$ category, but this member has a bit of track history with us: https://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/how-to-stay-busy-in-a-slow-lab.35036/post-364663

And if it makes you feel any better, as least we didn't cough up the best ways to prepare the crown and abutment for long-term bonding success ;) :)

doug

doug

Reaction score
I've got a short period of time left in this industry. I've been doing this for 50 years this year. I will answer any question put to me, or say;' I don't know"
Asking what cement I use isn't a Top Secret, it's trying to find a solution to a problem. Why wouldn't you help. There are a lot of people on here who worry that their docs will leave for a cheaper lab. Guess what, that's business, it happens ,and if you spend your career on the defensive you practically deserve the misery you've created for yourself.
I had a "new" account this year that I knew was going to be a problem. I put 100% of myself into it. I took her money every month. I didn't spend that money because I knew the relationship wasn't going to last. She completely quit responding to me. "Speak to the front office only." She quit, I got about $75,000 of her money in 7 months. She's gone, we are no less off than before. I spent a lot of time helping he on difficult cases, I helped make her a better dentist. Now I'm off to get a blood transfusion and dialysis. I don't want to regret not helping some one be better, no matter who they are.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I've got a short period of time left in this industry. I've been doing this for 50 years this year. I will answer any question put to me, or say;' I don't know"
Asking what cement I use isn't a Top Secret, it's trying to find a solution to a problem. Why wouldn't you help. There are a lot of people on here who worry that their docs will leave for a cheaper lab. Guess what, that's business, it happens ,and if you spend your career on the defensive you practically deserve the misery you've created for yourself.
I had a "new" account this year that I knew was going to be a problem. I put 100% of myself into it. I took her money every month. I didn't spend that money because I knew the relationship wasn't going to last. She completely quit responding to me. "Speak to the front office only." She quit, I got about $75,000 of her money in 7 months. She's gone, we are no less off than before. I spent a lot of time helping he on difficult cases, I helped make her a better dentist. Now I'm off to get a blood transfusion and dialysis. I don't want to regret not helping some one be better, no matter who they are.
I thought of this from another forum, where the member mentioned he was 60+ years old and did not want to take that knowledge with him to the grave, but to pass it on, which he does. Maybe it has to do with age, and how long a person thinks they'll be in this business, and what they may lose out on if they give up the goods?

I wish you well in all that you have to go through today.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I thought of this from another forum, where the member mentioned he was 60+ years old and did not want to take that knowledge with him to the grave, but to pass it on, which he does. Maybe it has to do with age, and how long a person thinks they'll be in this business, and what they may lose out on if they give up the goods?

I wish you well in all that you have to go through today.
some people also feel that giving this information out makes them lose competitive edge; i however know exactly how hard it is to convey one tiny fact to a paying customer, let alone how well that fact gets absorbed by said customer.

i could give away the farm, the person i gave it to would be asking me why food grows out of the ground instead of from the trees.

go ahead and tell people these little things, its absolutely going to be taken 100% the way you did not imagine, and you'll just be left with more questions.

Top Bottom