e.max , one bake and glaze

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Having been away from the forum for awhile, and not having seeing this thread, I can only say, incredible work, Drizzt. Thanks for so willingly sharing your tips, tricks and formulas with us, so we can hopefully improve on our (my) own work, and have greater satisfaction in it as we send it out the door.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Having been away from the forum for awhile, and not having seeing this thread, I can only say, incredible work, Drizzt. Thanks for so willingly sharing your tips, tricks and formulas with us, so we can hopefully improve on our (my) own work, and have greater satisfaction in it as we send it out the door.

Thank you so much for the great comment Car 54 ! I am glad to help if I can any fellow tech , we all face the same difficulties every day , we should be willing to share in order to improve our craft !!! Thanks again !

creationsdental

creationsdental

Reaction score
Beautiful work!!!

Can anyone give me advice on a problem with eMax ceram I've been having. I have difficulty matching shades with eMax, they end up grey -much lower value than what I am trying to achieve.. I think it's because I use the TI incisals - too translucent. So I've tried mixing OE2 20% with the TI incisal 80% to bring up the value but still sometimes still too grey. I've also been on eMax ceram courses where they have said to layer OE2 and OE3? I've tried it and it works well with cases with lighter shades but not sure what enamel to use when I need to match a darker shade like D3 or C3 as OE2/3 will be too bright...

Can anyone give me their thoughts?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Beautiful work!!!

Can anyone give me advice on a problem with eMax ceram I've been having. I have difficulty matching shades with eMax, they end up grey -much lower value than what I am trying to achieve.. I think it's because I use the TI incisals - too translucent. So I've tried mixing OE2 20% with the TI incisal 80% to bring up the value but still sometimes still too grey. I've also been on eMax ceram courses where they have said to layer OE2 and OE3? I've tried it and it works well with cases with lighter shades but not sure what enamel to use when I need to match a darker shade like D3 or C3 as OE2/3 will be too bright...

Can anyone give me their thoughts?

Thanks for the nice words !!!

If you're using the TI powders in big amount , this is the problem . Try using a small skin of it , 0.2-0.3 . You will see big improvement .

C

charles007

Reaction score
Hey Drizzt, I'm getting tired of looking at your beautiful crowns. Laugh do you have any ugly screw-up crowns like the ones I sneak out the back door of my lab to deliver.
I call them double-bagger crowns sold at regular price :p

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Maybe he meant something like this
blue-felt-crown.jpg

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey Drizzt, I'm getting tired of looking at your beautiful crowns. Laugh do you have any ugly screw-up crowns like the ones I sneak out the back door of my lab to deliver.
I call them double-bagger crowns sold at regular price :p

Hahahahaha !!! Nice one dude !!! I have plenty of screwed up crowns , I have a whole folder named ''honor badges'' !!!!!!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone !! Haven't posted for a while ! These are 6 zirconia crowns , layered with e.max ceram , one bake Nondas technique and glaze ! Core is made with Whitepeaks Coprasmile cubic zirkonia . Absolutely love this material !! Game changer , e.max slayer !!!

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone !! Haven't posted for a while ! These are 6 zirconia crowns , layered with e.max ceram , one bake Nondas technique and glaze ! Core is made with Whitepeaks Coprasmile cubic zirkonia . Absolutely love this material !! Game changer , e.max slayer !!!

They are beautiful Drizzt, but e.max slayer? Layered zirconia seems to have fallen out of favor here for the most part.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
They are beautiful Drizzt, but e.max slayer? Layered zirconia seems to have fallen out of favor here for the most part.

Thanks for the kind words ! You should see this material for FCZ . Nothing like you have ever seen before regarding zircon . That is the reason for the name ''e.max slayer'' . Also personally is a lot easier to make zirconia crowns than e.max press crowns .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey all , it's been a while ! Last case I had the chance to do before I fractured my wrist ! 9 e.max veneers , and a e.max crown on 21 .

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Glad to hear your wrist is doing better, it sure doesn't look like it affected your work, it looks very nice :)
Did you use the e.ceram, or the LiSi for your layering porcelain? How are you, and other members here, getting the black backgrounds? Is it with Photoshop, or can it be done with a free software?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Glad to hear your wrist is doing better, it sure doesn't look like it affected your work, it looks very nice :)
Did you use the e.ceram, or the LiSi for your layering porcelain? How are you, and other members here, getting the black backgrounds? Is it with Photoshop, or can it be done with a free software?

Hey Car 54 , actually this case was done with my wrist fractured , but I wasn't aware of it at that time !! Still on cast though ...

Btw , thanks for the kind words .

I am using e.max ceram , haven't tried Lisi yet . e.max ceram is working for me great , so if something works , why change it ? Plus I will wait for more time before I use LiSi on e.max . Ceram has been there for more than 10 years , LiSi for less than one . I will just wait more .

The black backround is not generated with any kind of software . It is a black cloth that came with the light tent I am using for photo shooting my cases . Actually I am completely incompetent with photoshop .

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply back, Drizzt :)

I wasn't sure if you had tried the LiSi yet, as in one of your past posts you had asked Al how he was getting the good results with his LiSi Inc, so I guess I read to much into that. I know what you mean though, if you have a porcelain system figured out and are getting the results like above, why change or fix it?

That also makes sense about the light tent with the black background. I thought maybe it was done by somehow color changing a background in Photoshop. Thanks for your willingness to share that with me (us) :)

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply back, Drizzt :)

I wasn't sure if you had tried the LiSi yet, as in one of your past posts you had asked Al how he was getting the good results with his LiSi Inc, so I guess I read to much into that. I know what you mean though, if you have a porcelain system figured out and are getting the results like above, why change or fix it?

That also makes sense about the light tent with the black background. I thought maybe it was done by somehow color changing a background in Photoshop. Thanks for your willingness to share that with me (us) :)

No problem man !! Always willing to share ideas with fellow techs .

C

charles007

Reaction score
Just beautiful Drizzt,
btw did the doc include an electic razor as she paid for the crowns. lol

Drizzt, would you post pics of the zirconia frames on this case please..