CMP Nobilium Mini-Duper 1.5 issue's?

K

kcb

Reaction score
Has anybody had any issues with the Mini-Duper 1.5 ? I purchased this with the salesman's recommendation that is a quite machine. The first machine they sent me did not function. This one is so loud I have to leave the room to talk to my customers.

Last edited:
AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Has anybody had any issues with the Mini-Duper 1.5 ? I purchased this with the salesman's recommendation that is a quite machine. The first machine they sent me did not function. This one is so loud I have to leave the room to talk to my customers.

Loud equipment you should measure the decibels. I use ear cup protectors with my old RayFoster model trimer and that measures 112dB trimming plaster & 124dB trimming die stone measured at 18", :horn:just checked my old CMP 2gal it is 62dB at 12". At least if you measure the loud they cannot say you don't know what you are talking about.
CMP is a good company U would think they would make equipment quieter, we have enough hearing problems in this industry.:rant:

K

kcb

Reaction score
Thank you Ajel. CMP Nobilium Ticonium said that they can send a sales rep out in a month from now to take a look at it. Whats the RUSH ? I only spent $2000 and who cares if I loose my hearing.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Thank you Ajel. CMP Nobilium Ticonium said that they can send a sales rep out in a month from now to take a look at it. Whats the RUSH ? I only spent $2000 and who cares if I loose my hearing.

So get some nice mickey mouse ear muffs, don't worry about earmuff hair, it's not as bad as hat hair just harder to hide.:hippie:

K

kcb

Reaction score
Thanks Ajel, but how will I hear the phone ring? :(

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
So get some nice mickey mouse ear muffs, don't worry about earmuff hair, it's not as bad as hat hair just harder to hide.:hippie:

My ladies in the clinic laugh at me, and someone took a photo of me
wearing one when I was in residency.
I loved it when I am using the lathe or trimmer - and I let the machine
get the messages if I am alone in the lab.
Don't bother with those in Home Depot of Lowes - they typically last
only a year, or less. Trust me, we went throught at least 3-4 of them
already.
Finally went for the slightly better one that has a wire instead - so far
so good. The connection of the wire portion may not break, but the
connection to the plastic will probably be the point of failure later on.
I think the one I got is very similar to this one and I got it from Amazon.
Amazon.com: Peltor H10A Optime 105 Over-the-Head Earmuff: Home Improvement
I almost went to a gun shop to get one even.
LCM

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
My ladies in the clinic laugh at me, and someone took a photo of me
wearing one when I was in residency.
I almost went to a gun shop to get one even.
LCM
The ones from the gun shop are very :couch2:comfy, nice red color and have proper foam filler (washable, I'm a clean freak) to save what hearing I have left after decades of working withoutproper hearing protection (& my Siemens aids prove it). Strange I always used them at the range, I supoose I wasn't thinking when young.

Last edited:
K

kcb

Reaction score
Yeah, I need to get some ear protection ASAP. I can't hear myself think with this mini- DUP. I guess the 2 gallon is so quite you cant even hear it run. I wish the CMP Nobilium Ticonium sales man would have told me that before I purchased the 1.5. Live and learn the hard way.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Yeah, I need to get some ear protection ASAP. I can't hear myself think with this mini- DUP. I guess the 2 gallon is so quite you cant even hear it run. I wish the CMP Nobilium Ticonium sales man would have told me that before I purchased the 1.5. Live and learn the hard way.
I sent an e-mail :phone:to Elmer Rose & Annie at CMP to look at the Forum does anyone know if someone at Ticonium/Nobilium is on the forum? :spy: Is Elvis still there?

K

kcb

Reaction score
Thinking about replacing my 1.5 dup for the 2 gallon dup. Anyone have the 2 gallon ?

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
There is not a lot of difference between the two as far as what could generate noise. Does the motor make the noise if you remove the stirrer? If it is your stirrer may be sitting/grinding on metal bottom instead of the nylon washer it is supposed to rest on. If that is the problem you are probably wearing out the bottom of your unit. Don't accept a fix if it looks like the containment unit has been damaged. If the motor is making the noise without the stirrer then ask then to ship you a new motor. It's just a motor then you should be able to tell if it is too loud on its own. Hope this helps.

K

kcb

Reaction score
Thank you for the tips. It might be the circuit board. The relay switch makes a clicking sound. The stirrer is on the bottom and I was told that it can be more difficult to do repairs. I can upgrade for a additional $1300 for the 2 gallon. CMP discontinued the 2 gallon replacing it with this 1.5 gallon.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
So say what is going on with the C MP machine?

K

kcb

Reaction score
Cmp/ Noblium agreed to let me upgrade & pay the difference. We were told we would receive a full refund w/ shipping towards the new machine. I was quoted one price and charged more. They DID NOT give me a full refund and they charged my debit card in the Full amount ($3.400) for the upgrade not JUST the difference. Had no idea that they still had my card on file and that they where charging on it.

K

kcb

Reaction score
NO they did not do what they said they would do!!! Terrible experience and faulty 1.5 mini dup..

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
At the Chicago LMT show didn't you start out wanting the 2 gal and that Bud salesperson talked you into the 1.5 gal?

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
Cmp/ Noblium agreed to let me upgrade & pay the difference. We were told we would receive a full refund w/ shipping towards the new machine. I was quoted one price and charged more. They DID NOT give me a full refund and they charged my debit card in the Full amount ($3.400) for the upgrade not JUST the difference. Had no idea that they still had my card on file and that they where charging on it.

I've been shopping for a dup machine and getting ready to make a purchase. I'm glad you posted your experience because I was going to get the 1.5 gal , but after reading this there is no way I would. I have no remorse for bad customer care or overpriced dental equipment...Thanks for posting your experience I will now look at the bego or the Nevin does anyone know how good either of these are??? TCS makes one that is quite affordable it's not real pretty but it's affordable ...anyone have any experience with these??

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
At least the TCS is an american made machine, may look like it came out of the 60's but the 60's were a nice time And their 2 gal is only $1900. Search Duplicating Dispensor on EBay. I have a 2 gal CMP machine I've been lucky, you would think Elmer & Ann would be better to Kim. I also have a backup 3L Whaledent from germany, the temp control was always a problem.

Top Bottom