Cerec connect into 3Shape

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
Could someone send me a 4.2 or higher Cerec CDT file or .Lab file or .DXD. Whatever it is. I would like to take a crack @ decrypting these for Free for everyone. If you have 2 or more different ones it would make it easier to decrypt too.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
Could someone send me a 4.2 or higher Cerec CDT file or .Lab file or .DXD. Whatever it is. I would like to take a crack @ decrypting these for Free for everyone. If you have 2 or more different ones it would make it easier to decrypt too.

Whats your email, I have a few I can send

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score

the problem is interlacing the shells in their files. You can see them, but they do not compound together. Dentaro was the best option, but i don't know anyone that has it anymore. We actually have model export but it looks so bad.

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
Just to clear it up, we are talking about exporting the model files to import into 3shape correct? I have the .stl export module for Inlab, but it exports the restoration .stl file, not the model .stl file. Our whole issue is designing with Inlab when we have 3shape.
If you are scanning models in Cerec new software it gives you the option to export it in to STL after the software calculates the models and puts them in occlusion. Then you can design in other software. You can replace "restoration"
(just leave .stl )with anything you want. It is model only file.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
the restoration.stl is only the restoration. It doesn't include the model file.

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
the restoration.stl is only the restoration. It doesn't include the model file.
Looks like you are right, Cerec Connect files can not be converted, only inEos scanned model files can.
I just learned something. Thank you.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Looks like you are right, Cerec Connect files can not be converted, only inEos scanned model files can.
I just learned something. Thank you.
No problem. I have been searching to find a way around designing with Inlab for a bit. Haven't had much luck..

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
the problem is interlacing the shells in their files. You can see them, but they do not compound together. Dentaro was the best option, but i don't know anyone that has it anymore. We actually have model export but it looks so bad.

Thanks for the reply i appreciate your feedback. Is there anyway you could post up a few files to a file sharing site so i could still take crack at it. Im not a real big fan of it cant be done if human made it, human can break it.....just gotta be the right human or know one that is.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply i appreciate your feedback. Is there anyway you could post up a few files to a file sharing site so i could still take crack at it. Im not a real big fan of it cant be done if human made it, human can break it.....just gotta be the right human or know one that is.

I would also be interested in hearing if you find a solution...what's your email and Ill send a couple files you can play with

A

Anonymous DT

Reaction score
there's a solution and im really more with putting everything on the table and sharing than keeping info for ourselves. i just wanna make sure its not illegal or anything so i made an anonymous account and wanted to ask if i should put the program out there for everybody and maybe i can help you guys with other stuff that only few know about ..
let me know what you want

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
there are many different solutions. But if you were to simply dissect the CDT or restoration file, you will see it's many many shells, which is actually what gets fed to the CNC aka crap-MCXL.

I am wondering if the MCX5 will read straight STL, and that a future update is in store....or if all MCX5 purchasers get the automatic STL conversion.

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
there are many different solutions. But if you were to simply dissect the CDT or restoration file, you will see it's many many shells, which is actually what gets fed to the CNC aka crap-MCXL.

I am wondering if the MCX5 will read straight STL, and that a future update is in store....or if all MCX5 purchasers get the automatic STL conversion.
My beef is with receiving the impression. All labs should be able to do what they want with a physical / digital impression as they seem fit. NOT being extorted into having to buy from a middle man to receive it.

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
there's a solution and im really more with putting everything on the table and sharing than keeping info for ourselves. i just wanna make sure its not illegal or anything so i made an anonymous account and wanted to ask if i should put the program out there for everybody and maybe i can help you guys with other stuff that only few know about ..
let me know what you want
I would be most definitely interested

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
My beef is with receiving the impression. All labs should be able to do what they want with a physical / digital impression as they seem fit. NOT being extorted into having to buy from a middle man to receive it.

Most all have been this way so far....Sirona, E4D, iTero, 3M all have charges to get the files, the carestream scanner is the only stl format one I know of
It will take time but things are changing

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Most all have been this way so far....Sirona, E4D, iTero, 3M all have charges to get the files, the carestream scanner is the only stl format one I know of
It will take time but things are changing
Carestream may be "open" - but they still sell a chairside mill.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
Carestream may be "open" - but they still sell a chairside mill.

Yea that is the catch 22.....but I do see the need for a mill in the dental office for a cheap crown that same day. American customers want 24/7 hours, 30 min delivery pizza, teeth in a day and same day crowns, plus its keeping up with the Jones'(Cerec) for the other companies. Most every system out there but iTero has a mill or soon will have one

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Yea that is the catch 22.....but I do see the need for a mill in the dental office for a cheap crown that same day. American customers want 24/7 hours, 30 min delivery pizza, teeth in a day and same day crowns, plus its keeping up with the Jones'(Cerec) for the other companies. Most every system out there but iTero has a mill or soon will have one

What I was resellers did was to only sell provisional materials, and that I could charge the dentist a design fee. Then use the same file to mill restoration sinter/do my thing and send final back later on