Can you give some feedback on these

Kmvb

Kmvb

Reaction score
Already smashed before I got here. They are asking me to determine what I think is wrong. I'm not sure how. I just know these are GROSS

user name

user name

Reaction score
Glad to hear thats not tuna salad between your teeth. tell your Doctor no. NO NO No. You shouldnt be in the position of telling the Doctor to tell the lab why these dont look real. Dont pay...and dont go to the same place expecting different results. I dont speak for anyone except myself, but you can private message some of the best techs there are right here. Maybe one of them would be willing to receive an impression and make you happy.

Kmvb

Kmvb

Reaction score
is it fair/ethical to be giving out so much subjective judgement on a case that's still current and yet to be finished with permanent cementation ?
Pandora box?

They considered this done and were ready to glue. There was no way

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
I'm surprised that they were considered 'ready-to-go' Kmvb, I'd suggest you PM Al for a professional second opinion that could be relayed back to your doc. He's a highly respected technician with a huge ammount of experience, and a great artist. You'll get the best ideas for a solution this way IMO.
Good luck with your quest, it'll be great to see some photos of the final outcome if that's ok for you.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Already smashed before I got here. They are asking me to determine what I think is wrong. I'm not sure how. I just know these are GROSS

Kmvb, if they're asking you what you think is wrong just show them the pictures. If they still dont get it, dont get it! An evaluation can be made by the dds and the lab to make the necessary corrections. Not knowing what the pre-op state was makes it difficult to make a fair assessment. Since you experienced a moderate degree of trauma due to the accident its fair to say the result may not be as ideal as mother nature. I would highly encourage a discussion with your dds and lab an all three thoroughly examine the pictures to make the necessary changes where possible.

Kmvb

Kmvb

Reaction score
Kmvb, if they're asking you what you think is wrong just show them the pictures. If they still dont get it, dont get it! An evaluation can be made by the dds and the lab to make the necessary corrections. Not knowing what the pre-op state was makes it difficult to make a fair assessment. Since you experienced a moderate degree of trauma due to the accident its fair to say the result may not be as ideal as mother nature. I would highly encourage a discussion with your dds and lab an all three thoroughly examine the pictures to make the necessary changes where possible.

Only bottom centrals were affected by that. Nothing else. They just keep asking me how to fix it and I don't know. I just think they are ugly and opaque. The teeth underneath are moderately prepped since I had veneers prior. Also very ugly but at least they looked real.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"our artistic opinions "

Theres a difference between an artistic opinion and a case that breaks the fundamental rules of aesthetics.

Taking the mid line cant for starters, that is an instant fail for any AACD / BACD accreditation case submission, as it kills 99% of cases from an aesthetic view point.

Now a patient may not realize that but when its right it just looks right, whether they relize why or not.

Im not saying it needs to look like a symetrical fake holywood smile, but there are certain things you do not do, and this result appears to have a few of them.

again regarding the build up, ive never seen a natural tooth with that kind of incisal distribution , it just looks fake and nothing like nature. Its not really an artistic issue, the centrals look like plastic temporaries, there is no vitality in them what so ever.

Maybe you asked for bright white opaque looking teeth?
if so then the lab done a great job.

Without some high quality full face photo's (and im not suggesting you post them here),its not really possible for anyone to make a proper aesthetic assesment.

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
"our artistic opinions "

Theres a difference between an artistic opinion and a case that breaks the fundamental rules of aesthetics.

Taking the mid line cant for starters, that is an instant fail for any AACD / BACD accreditation case submission, as it kills 99% of cases from an aesthetic view point.

Now a patient may not realize that but when its right it just looks right, whether they relize why or not.

Im not saying it needs to look like a symetrical fake holywood smile, but there are certain things you do not do, and this result appears to have a few of them.

again regarding the build up, ive never seen a natural tooth with that kind of incisal distribution , it just looks fake and nothing like nature. Its not really an artistic issue, the centrals look like plastic temporaries, there is no vitality in them what so ever.

Without some high quality full face photo's (and im not suggesting you post them here),its not really possible for anyone to make a proper aesthetic assesment.

The above post pretty much sums it up..The cant makes the case a total failure and the case should have never been temp seated if the truth be told.....
When its remade, forget about BL2, its to light and looks like chicklets, especially since the contours look more like an average set of temps.
It would be in your best interest and if you have the funds, go to one of Al's doctors, Al works with dentist all over the country.
Its possible your dentist can correct this case....correct the cant and make the crowns like like teeth rather than a poor set of crowns. If he can't do that, pay ? for the temps and move forward.

Kmvb

Kmvb

Reaction score
"our artistic opinions "

I asked for white teeth at maybe a BL4 shade that look natural and translucent.... I did not want a "Hollywood" smile ... I just didn't want BL1 as it looked like I was a smoker or coffee drinker.. they looked stained...

Kmvb

Kmvb

Reaction score
another

hopefully you can see this better
chair.jpg

Last edited:
D

DCP1977

Reaction score
I asked for white teeth at maybe a BL4 shade that look natural and translucent.... I did not want a "Hollywood" smile ... I just didn't want BL1 as it looked like I was a smoker or coffee drinker.. they looked stained...

BL1 look stained?!
Don't think I've seen a smoker/coffee drinker with lighter than A3....
Am I the only one thinking BL4 is a little too light, especially compared to the lowers/patients skin tone?

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
hopefully you can see this better

kmvb, you're not making this easy one bit. As was asked a few times before, post some high quality pictures. ie. high resolution close ups, bi lateral views, full face if yo want to,,,totally up to you. And please please, please post the pics properly...i know your in Cali but "Sideways" does not count,,,,,,dont know if i should twist my neck or put my laptop sideways.

@ DCP1977

No your not the only one!

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Too White!

I told you so!

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I think you've got this backwards.. You said BL1 was too stained looking? BL4 is the darker of the bleach shades not BL1. What you have now looks far too white to me- But its a matter of what YOU want not what WE want. Angles & mid line definitely need fixing.

Kmvb

Kmvb

Reaction score
B1. Sorry. They did B1 and it was too dark. I told them to try BL4 and they went straight to bL2. They said they can make it darker with pastes. This logic seems crazy to me. The color above is BL2. The previous set they did a month ago were the B1s. You can tell in photos, but the BL2 looks like chrome up close. You can see silver streaks in them

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score

If BL1,,,,, ,I mean B1 looked like theyre stained you really need to take another look at your natural teeth. They're not even close. This is a case of when a patient has a little knowledge but really does not comprehend fully. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. It appears you know what you want but really dont. The restorations appears to be pressed, therefore they can be removed , cutback; and layered to approximate your shade. Their decision to make them lighter was from a technical standpoint that its easier to make value and chromatic changes. Once retrieved the cant and contours can be addressed fully......

Kmvb

Kmvb

Reaction score
If BL1,,,,, ,I mean B1 looked like theyre stained you really need to take another look at your natural teeth. They're not even close. This is a case of when a patient has a little knowledge but really does not comprehend fully. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. It appears you know what you want but really dont. The restorations appears to be pressed, therefore they can be removed , cutback; and layered to approximate your shade. Their decision to make them lighter was from a technical standpoint that its easier to make value and chromatic changes. Once retrieved the cant and contours can be addressed fully......

B1 was very yellow and made me look like I was a coffee drinker. Could have been a little bit whiter. That's all I wanted.

Kmvb

Kmvb

Reaction score
kmvb, you're not making this easy one bit. As was asked a few times before, post some high quality pictures. ie. high resolution close ups, bi lateral views, full face if yo want to,,,totally up to you. And please please, please post the pics properly...i know your in Cali but "Sideways" does not count,,,,,,dont know if i should twist my neck or put my laptop sideways.

@ DCP1977

No your not the only one!

I don't have anymore high quality. Just iPhone photos

Kmvb

Kmvb

Reaction score
without big smile

Again... that is a crown that will be changed
IMG_1073.jpg