VHF E5 milling machine

T

toni94

Reaction score
Anyone working with this machine? Can I get some feedback on this machine please...tnx

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Ive had one since October. I mainly bought it because I'm limited on space and needed a small footprint.

Pros
-No compressor required, this uses plastic air turbines that are attached to the main milling bur. Seems to work OK, occasionally I have a fair amount of dust left inside the crown if its a very tall crown - otherwise a good suction unit takes care of most of the dust. No worry of compressor oil or water getting into the mill.

-Its taller than other mills, but a much smaller footprint than any other I've seen.

-Easily serviceable. All major parts are basically plug and play, you can watch the videos on youtube for various replacements - most are 15-30 minute jobs.

-Comes with Cam8 software - personally I really like this software, its easy to use and no additional fees. Occasionally i get a glitch when nesting and have to restart the program, however I believe this is my pc as the same happens on my 3shape software.

Cons
The door lock is somewhat flimsy, this isnt really an issue but if the hulk came in the lab and tried to open the door while it was locked he might rip the door lock off lol.

That's it so far, I haven't encountered any real issues with it. I mostly mill zirconia, my main bur went 94 hours before I changed it - not that I had to, but I chose to, and ill keep the old one as a backup.
Take what I say with a grain of salt as this is my first mill, so I don't have much to compare it to except my own research of other mills and others opinions.

T

toni94

Reaction score
Ive had one since October. I mainly bought it because I'm limited on space and needed a small footprint.

Pros
-No compressor required, this uses plastic air turbines that are attached to the main milling bur. Seems to work OK, occasionally I have a fair amount of dust left inside the crown if its a very tall crown - otherwise a good suction unit takes care of most of the dust. No worry of compressor oil or water getting into the mill.

-Its taller than other mills, but a much smaller footprint than any other I've seen.

-Easily serviceable. All major parts are basically plug and play, you can watch the videos on youtube for various replacements - most are 15-30 minute jobs.

-Comes with Cam8 software - personally I really like this software, its easy to use and no additional fees. Occasionally i get a glitch when nesting and have to restart the program, however I believe this is my pc as the same happens on my 3shape software.

Cons
The door lock is somewhat flimsy, this isnt really an issue but if the hulk came in the lab and tried to open the door while it was locked he might rip the door lock off lol.

That's it so far, I haven't encountered any real issues with it. I mostly mill zirconia, my main bur went 94 hours before I changed it - not that I had to, but I chose to, and ill keep the old one as a backup.
Take what I say with a grain of salt as this is my first mill, so I don't have much to compare it to except my own research of other mills and others opinions.
Thank you so much for your answer! This will be also my first milling machine, and I'm in similar position with space in my lab. I hope it will serv us well and long time !

T

toni94

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your answer! This will be also my first milling machine, and I'm in similar position with space in my lab. I hope it will serv us well and long time !
I have just one more question. How fast is it milling...for example some normal height 6 unit bridge...? Tnx

T

toni94

Reaction score
I have just one more question. How fast is it milling...for example some normal height 6 unit bridge...? Tnx
How long for zirconia and how long for pmma

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
It’s very dependent on how many bars you place and the dimensions of the crown - I’d say on average a single unit zirconia molar is roughly 20 minutes to mill. I milled 4 singles and 2 3 unit bridges last night and if i remember correctly its calculation was 2hr 17m. I didn’t check the clock to see if it was accurate or not.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score

This thread helped me with nesting. On most single units I can get away with placing just 2 bars, and average 25-30 units per disc.