P

paulg100

Reaction score
i start the ball rolling..

midline cant.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Kmvb, I think you've been here before asking advice. We are not here to give advice when it comes to clinical decisions or to validate good or bad work with patients. If You are still unhappy with the results it's best to talk to your provider. If I recall you've had the case remade a few times, that being the case careful consideration should have been given by you prior to anything being cemented. Once cemented you own it. Now several factors need to be considered to determine if the case is a success. The prior condition of the teeth ie: alignment and shade etc. It looks like your teeth may have some discoloration issues and in order mask, it may have required it to be made slightly thicker which might have been be due to limited space; and that is a clinical decision. If I remember correctlly, discussion was being made for shade B1, 1M1 and even bleach shades and all parties were going to be working real closely with this remake. The dds makes a determination based on the anatomy of the remaining structure ie: enamel, dentin and pulp camber. Often a very conservative approach is taken with regards to reduction and the result is usually a compromise.

BTWThe smaller pictures do not give the resolution needed for assesment and since there is no before pics posted its a crap shoot.

doug

doug

Reaction score
If you did a diagnostic wax-up and it was patient approved, you hit a homerun. If not, then study, study study the photos that Al has posted to get an appreciation of midline cant, line angles and incisal edge contour.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I dont like anything about your mouth. I believe your asking about the work done on 7-12? Poor color choice, no translucency, tilted midline, poor angles-esp. the distals of 7&10. Replace the pfm on 6, replace the maryland on your lowers with a zirconia frame and work on your hygene. When yore talking about the lines, I wonder if you mean the angles where they meet (embrasures) or the darkening in between from not keeping your mouth clean/ poorly glazed/unpolished restorations.

Kmvb

Kmvb

Reaction score
They are not cemented yet. They are color BL2 and I previously had old style veneers. I think these look to think and give the illusion that they are hanging there. They are leaving it up to me to critique them and I don't know what to do. I'm beside myself

Kmvb

Kmvb

Reaction score
Ps that is try one paste that you are seeing everywhere. It looks disgusting. i brush 3x+ per day and whiten. I have very good oral hygiene. I was in a car accident and I have a Maryland bridge. I abhor my present dental state

Kmvb

Kmvb

Reaction score
The lines inbetween. Especially when there isn't a camera flash. They are too obvious

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Ah ok. Your the patient :)

Easiest way id sugest you find a team to get the best aesthetics would be to find a dr/tech team that are AACD accredited.

Youll pay for it, but like most things in life, you get what you pay for.

I just hope you didnt pay to much for what you have there.

Kmvb

Kmvb

Reaction score
I paid A LOT. They are not cemented yet. Beside myself

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Your Dr is going to think you are a big pain in the butt.

You have a pretty lower 1/2 of your face, I would not let him seat those or you will be stuck with them.

Kmvb

Kmvb

Reaction score
Thanks AI. Also, on the upper left side, that is a crown that will be replaced. Missing a tooth. British genetics

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
is it fair/ethical to be giving out so much subjective judgement on a case that's still current and yet to be finished with permanent cementation ?
Pandora box?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
is it fair/ethical to be giving out so much subjective judgement on a case that's still current and yet to be finished with permanent cementation ?
Pandora box?

No names were mentioned. She is just asking for eshtetic opinions nothing clinical.

Would you let them go on your wifes teeth?

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
No names were mentioned. She is just asking for eshtetic opinions nothing clinical.

Would you let them go on your wifes teeth?

I agree with you, and i wouldn't be happy to buy these either, but we know different as we're skilled professionals with a different way of looking at them. We both know the restorations could have turned out better.

The patients out there view things differently - I've seen some real crap in my time that some patients think is wonderful, and they've been happy to pay thousands $.

We have to be careful, a patient may have a little concern that we're not fully understanding - and then they might leave here totally distraught after getting our artistic opinions and smashing their self esteem to bits and pieces.
JMHO.